DVD Burning with WDVDM

Anorea

DVD Burning with WDVDM
I have been trying to find an answer to this question for four days now... I
know a lot of people have posted topics about DVD burning and such, but my
problem is different, so sorry! ^_^;

I am running Vista, and trying to burn some .mp4 files to a DVD-R using
Windows DVD Maker. This message pops up after I press "burn," and it is at
0.4%

"One or more of the files that were added in windows movie maker could not be
decoded correctly. Verify that you have decoding software installed on your
computer that can decode the different files, and then try again."

Another user tried to help me before, and suggested downloading and using a
program called GSpot, and I tried it, however, it ended up saying "codec
status undetermined" or something of that sort. Will somebody please help me?
I am not sure if this is because of a codec issue, or something else...
Thanks in advance!
Klink

RE: DVD Burning with WDVDM
I do have a thought. You might want to downloaed "Vista Codec Pack" Mo
kidding. I did I've not configured one thing about it. I just downloaded and
setup.. For what it's worth. I myself am having issues with Movie Maker. I
can burn to a DVD+RW and I can't view in a regular DVD Player. ODD HU? I
think that Microsponge needs to fix their Codec Package. If I record in "DVD
format right The file will say "MPEG_2" under "Properties but it's DVD
format. I can burn in XP,using XP software and It's just fine in DVD player.
If I use the Vista tools I get squat! And well The Media Center burning after
recording off TV in the DRV-MS format that's a whole nother issue