cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

lc035

cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail
I have a new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed the
2007 MS Office Home and Student. I can save attachements to my desktop and
open them by right clicking and choosing "Open With". However, in Windows
Mail I continue to get the message that I need to "create an association in
the Set Assoociations panel" whenever I try to open the attachment.
Everything is set correctly in the set associations panel but it is still not
working. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail
Unable to open .DOC file attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/

--
Regards,

"lc035" <lc035@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF248F47-7C9E-4B9F-AD62-E4B98E4FBFD0@microsoft.com...
I have a new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed the
2007 MS Office Home and Student. I can save attachements to my desktop and
open them by right clicking and choosing "Open With". However, in Windows
Mail I continue to get the message that I need to "create an association in
the Set Assoociations panel" whenever I try to open the attachment.
Everything is set correctly in the set associations panel but it is still not
working. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?
mr. president

Re: cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail
I am getting the same message. Can anybody please help!!!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Unable to open .DOC file attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/
>

> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "lc035" <lc035@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF248F47-7C9E-4B9F-AD62-E4B98E4FBFD0@microsoft.com...
> I have a new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed the
> 2007 MS Office Home and Student. I can save attachements to my desktop and
> open them by right clicking and choosing "Open With". However, in Windows
> Mail I continue to get the message that I need to "create an association in
> the Set Assoociations panel" whenever I try to open the attachment.
> Everything is set correctly in the set associations panel but it is still not
> working. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail
So did you try the fix that was given in the URL you quoted?

Gary VanderMolen

"mr. president" <mr. president@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the same message. Can anybody please help!!!
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Unable to open .DOC file attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>>

>> "lc035" <lc035@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF248F47-7C9E-4B9F-AD62-E4B98E4FBFD0@microsoft.com...
>> I have a new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed the
>> 2007 MS Office Home and Student. I can save attachements to my desktop and
>> open them by right clicking and choosing "Open With". However, in Windows
>> Mail I continue to get the message that I need to "create an association in
>> the Set Assoociations panel" whenever I try to open the attachment.
>> Everything is set correctly in the set associations panel but it is still not
>> working. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?

Cal Bear '66

Re: cannot open .doc attachments in Windows Mail
Damn, fool:

Read Ramesh's post right below yours!!!!!!

Did you try that link RIGHT THERE.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!