Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Martin

Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
Hi,

When I try to amend contact info in Windows mail I get an error message
saying:

Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working

Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be much appreciated
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
This problem may be caused by interference from your
antivirus program. Windows Mail is not compatible with most
McAfee or Norton security programs. Those will need to be uninstalled.
After the offending antivirus is uninstalled, try editing Contacts.

At your convenience, download and install a more compatible
antivirus like the free Avast:

Gary VanderMolen

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9EF14E4-FB8A-4B23-8F6A-7F68C0B33F79@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> When I try to amend contact info in Windows mail I get an error message
> saying:
>
> Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
>
> Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be much appreciated

Martin

Re: Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working

I do not use those anti virus programs. I use NOD32 which is fully vista
compatible. Any other ideas??

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> This problem may be caused by interference from your
> antivirus program. Windows Mail is not compatible with most
> McAfee or Norton security programs. Those will need to be uninstalled.
> After the offending antivirus is uninstalled, try editing Contacts.
>
> At your convenience, download and install a more compatible
> antivirus like the free Avast:
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9EF14E4-FB8A-4B23-8F6A-7F68C0B33F79@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I try to amend contact info in Windows mail I get an error message
> > saying:
> >
> > Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
> >
> > Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be much appreciated

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
Some previous posters with a problem similar to yours
had Office 2000 installed, and when they uninstalled it,
the Contacts problem went away.

Gary VanderMolen

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CFFBA7-BBC4-4C74-9514-4A17B96EBAEF@microsoft.com...

> I do not use those anti virus programs. I use NOD32 which is fully vista
> compatible. Any other ideas??
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> This problem may be caused by interference from your
>> antivirus program. Windows Mail is not compatible with most
>> McAfee or Norton security programs. Those will need to be uninstalled.
>> After the offending antivirus is uninstalled, try editing Contacts.
>>
>> At your convenience, download and install a more compatible
>> antivirus like the free Avast:
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen
>>

>> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9EF14E4-FB8A-4B23-8F6A-7F68C0B33F79@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When I try to amend contact info in Windows mail I get an error message
>> > saying:
>> >
>> > Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
>> >
>> > Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be much appreciated

Martin

Re: Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working

Thanks for the reply. No office 2000 but office 2007
"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Some previous posters with a problem similar to yours
> had Office 2000 installed, and when they uninstalled it,
> the Contacts problem went away.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CFFBA7-BBC4-4C74-9514-4A17B96EBAEF@microsoft.com...
> >
> > I do not use those anti virus programs. I use NOD32 which is fully vista
> > compatible. Any other ideas??
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> >
> >> This problem may be caused by interference from your
> >> antivirus program. Windows Mail is not compatible with most
> >> McAfee or Norton security programs. Those will need to be uninstalled.
> >> After the offending antivirus is uninstalled, try editing Contacts.
> >>
> >> At your convenience, download and install a more compatible
> >> antivirus like the free Avast:
> >>
> >> Gary VanderMolen

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Preview handler surrogate host has stopped working
Office 2007 is fully compatible.
The only other suggestion I can think of is to upgrade to
a less buggy email program, WLM:
http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Gary VanderMolen