why does my email disappear in Windows Mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

vivienrose

why does my email disappear in Windows Mail
When I go to my email and open one up, if I go back to read it again its
gone. I want to be able to delete my email when I want to, it just
disappears after I have read it. Hope someone can help me.
Julian

Re: why does my email disappear in Windows Mail

"vivienrose" <vivienrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to my email and open one up, if I go back to read it again its
> gone. I want to be able to delete my email when I want to, it just
> disappears after I have read it. Hope someone can help me.

You may have an option set to hide read messages.

On your main WM tool bar

View > Current View > Hide read messages

Change it to Show all

mac

Re: why does my email disappear in Windows Mail

"vivienrose" <vivienrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to my email and open one up, if I go back to read it again its
> gone. I want to be able to delete my email when I want to, it just
> disappears after I have read it. Hope someone can help me.

View menu>current view, select top and bottom options only.

whozis is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: why does my email disappear in Windows Mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
"vivienrose" <vivienrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to my email and open one up, if I go back to read it again its
> gone. I want to be able to delete my email when I want to, it just
> disappears after I have read it. Hope someone can help me.

View menu>current view, select top and bottom options only.

I am glad that this answered the question for this questioner. However, my mail is disappearing in Vista Windows Mail, also, and the setting is already at View All Mail. However, I found my answer on another forum. I had to delete that particular mail account, close Windows Mail, reopen Windows Mail, re-enter the same account with all of its information as before, and my lost mail downloaded again! Oddly, the most recent missing piece of mail also reappeared, so that I had two of the same one in my folder! I have been losing mail one piece at a time, now and then, at random. I have not been able to find them in any of the account folders within Windows Mail, nor in the deleted folder within Windows Mail. (I did not try to locate the database and import as some suggested on other forums.)