I don't receive ALL of my emails

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Borack

I don't receive ALL of my emails
I have sent emails to myself from another computer and have not received all
of them. Some had attatchemnts and some did not. Others have told me that
they sent me things and they did not come through. This is an account that I
had under Outlook that I transfered in. I have checked the junk Mail and the
emails are not there. There does not seem to be any reason why some are
accepted and some are not.
Gary VanderMolen

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
You really haven't given us much we can hang our hat on.
All I can suggest is the standard precautions like uninstalling
non-compatible antivirus programs (McAfee and Norton).

If the senders are not receiving bounce notices, then it must
be assumed that the email was delivered to the mailbox on
your ISP's mail server. You can use webmail access to look
at the emails sitting on the server.

Gary VanderMolen

"Borack" <Borack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E76258DC-A05E-47AE-998E-DF63C01854B2@microsoft.com...
>I have sent emails to myself from another computer and have not received all
> of them. Some had attatchemnts and some did not. Others have told me that
> they sent me things and they did not come through. This is an account that I
> had under Outlook that I transfered in. I have checked the junk Mail and the
> emails are not there. There does not seem to be any reason why some are
> accepted and some are not.

Denise N.

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
I am having the same problem! It is driving me nuts. and what is weird is
that I can go downstairs to my desktop,(with the old version of windows and
outlook),,and they ALL come through! I just refreshed my mail and have no
emails...now I will go downstairs and have 15. 2 of my friends are having
the SAME problem!! I am so not liking this new program! and it has nothing
to do with the antivirus programs..IT IS VISTA!!! Like I said....they all
come through to XP!!
"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> You really haven't given us much we can hang our hat on.
> All I can suggest is the standard precautions like uninstalling
> non-compatible antivirus programs (McAfee and Norton).
>
> If the senders are not receiving bounce notices, then it must
> be assumed that the email was delivered to the mailbox on
> your ISP's mail server. You can use webmail access to look
> at the emails sitting on the server.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "Borack" <Borack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have sent emails to myself from another computer and have not received
>>all
>> of them. Some had attatchemnts and some did not. Others have told me
>> that
>> they sent me things and they did not come through. This is an account
>> that I
>> had under Outlook that I transfered in. I have checked the junk Mail and
>> the
>> emails are not there. There does not seem to be any reason why some are
>> accepted and some are not.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
I trust you have configured both computers to leave a copy of
all emails on the server. Unless you do that, the first PC to poll
for mail will download everything, which will clean off the server,
meaning that the second PC will get nothing.

Gary VanderMolen

"Denise N." <ImaKase@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ur9oEXOyHHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I am having the same problem! It is driving me nuts. and what is weird is
> that I can go downstairs to my desktop,(with the old version of windows and
> outlook),,and they ALL come through! I just refreshed my mail and have no emails...now I will go downstairs and have 15. 2 of my
> friends are having the SAME problem!! I am so not liking this new program! and it has nothing to do with the antivirus
> programs..IT IS VISTA!!! Like I said....they all come through to XP!!
> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:uA7whUOyHHA.4260@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> You really haven't given us much we can hang our hat on.
>> All I can suggest is the standard precautions like uninstalling
>> non-compatible antivirus programs (McAfee and Norton).
>>
>> If the senders are not receiving bounce notices, then it must
>> be assumed that the email was delivered to the mailbox on
>> your ISP's mail server. You can use webmail access to look
>> at the emails sitting on the server.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen
>>
>> "Borack" <Borack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E76258DC-A05E-47AE-998E-DF63C01854B2@microsoft.com...
>>>I have sent emails to myself from another computer and have not received all
>>> of them. Some had attatchemnts and some did not. Others have told me that
>>> they sent me things and they did not come through. This is an account that I
>>> had under Outlook that I transfered in. I have checked the junk Mail and the
>>> emails are not there. There does not seem to be any reason why some are
>>> accepted and some are not.

Denise N.

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
I have done everything possible!! Thanks for your advice though.
>I trust you have configured both computers to leave a copy of
> all emails on the server. Unless you do that, the first PC to poll
> for mail will download everything, which will clean off the server,
> meaning that the second PC will get nothing.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> "Denise N." <ImaKase@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I am having the same problem! It is driving me nuts. and what is weird is
>> that I can go downstairs to my desktop,(with the old version of windows
>> and
>> outlook),,and they ALL come through! I just refreshed my mail and have no
>> emails...now I will go downstairs and have 15. 2 of my friends are having
>> the SAME problem!! I am so not liking this new program! and it has
>> nothing to do with the antivirus programs..IT IS VISTA!!! Like I
>> said....they all come through to XP!!
>> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> You really haven't given us much we can hang our hat on.
>>> All I can suggest is the standard precautions like uninstalling
>>> non-compatible antivirus programs (McAfee and Norton).
>>>
>>> If the senders are not receiving bounce notices, then it must
>>> be assumed that the email was delivered to the mailbox on
>>> your ISP's mail server. You can use webmail access to look
>>> at the emails sitting on the server.
>>>
>>> Gary VanderMolen

Borack

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
I don't have either of those programs. I checked my mail using web mail and
they were not there either. I'm still having the same problem.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> You really haven't given us much we can hang our hat on.
> All I can suggest is the standard precautions like uninstalling
> non-compatible antivirus programs (McAfee and Norton).
>
> If the senders are not receiving bounce notices, then it must
> be assumed that the email was delivered to the mailbox on
> your ISP's mail server. You can use webmail access to look
> at the emails sitting on the server.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "Borack" <Borack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E76258DC-A05E-47AE-998E-DF63C01854B2@microsoft.com...
> >I have sent emails to myself from another computer and have not received all
> > of them. Some had attatchemnts and some did not. Others have told me that
> > they sent me things and they did not come through. This is an account that I
> > had under Outlook that I transfered in. I have checked the junk Mail and the
> > emails are not there. There does not seem to be any reason why some are
> > accepted and some are not.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: I don't receive ALL of my emails
You didn't answer my question, are the senders who send mail to you
getting bounce notices?

If webmail can't see any incoming messages either, then it is not
the fault of Windows Mail. The messages are not reaching the mail
server. This implies that there is something wrong with your email address.
Do you have more than one email address, and if so, are all addresses
suffering from the same problem? You may want to open a free Gmail
account, configure it for POP mail, add it to your Windows Mail accounts,
and see how it performs compared to the address you're using now.

Gary VanderMolen