Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Judson

Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
I am new to Vista and Window Mail. On incoming emails, it does not show the
date or time received, how can I have it show date and time. Thanks
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
Are you saying there is no Sent column?
Or, there is a Sent column but that field in the message header is blank?
Which antivirus are you running?

Gary VanderMolen

"Judson" <Judson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1187D81-6A08-4944-983E-9A7915ABC608@microsoft.com...
>I am new to Vista and Window Mail. On incoming emails, it does not show the
> date or time received, how can I have it show date and time. Thanks

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
"Judson" <Judson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Vista and Window Mail. On incoming emails, it does not show
>the
> date or time received, how can I have it show date and time. Thanks

Right click on any column heading and choose "columns". Check the boxes for
the columns you want.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

cicorp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You might be asking this. I activated both the Sent and Received columns in Windows Mail v 6.06 which shows me the date and time that I downloaded the email from my mail server, not the date and time that the Sender originally sent this. So if I check email on March 30 at 11:00PM about 100 emails will come in as "received" with the same time, march 30 at 11:00pm. Thus I cannot tell when the senders really sent me an email form their side. Sometimes this can be very important information, in customer service.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"cicorp" <cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> You might be asking this. I activated both the Sent and Received
> columns in Windows Mail v 6.06 which shows me the date and time that I
> downloaded the email from my mail server, not the date and time that the
> Sender originally sent this. So if I check email on March 30 at 11:00PM
> about 100 emails will come in as "received" with the same time, march 30
> at 11:00pm. Thus I cannot tell when the senders really sent me an email
> form their side. Sometimes this can be very important information, in
> customer service.

Are you saying the Sent column is empty?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
The "Received" time is not the time you download the message.
It is the time that the message arrives on the incoming mail server.
Your download time could be much later.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"cicorp" <cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> You might be asking this. I activated both the Sent and Received
> columns in Windows Mail v 6.06 which shows me the date and time that I
> downloaded the email from my mail server, not the date and time that the
> Sender originally sent this. So if I check email on March 30 at 11:00PM
> about 100 emails will come in as "received" with the same time, march 30
> at 11:00pm. Thus I cannot tell when the senders really sent me an email
> form their side. Sometimes this can be very important information, in
> customer service.
>

> --
> cicorp

Toni Doyle

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
I'm glad that someone else is having the same problem w/ time & date on
incoming e-mails--I thought I was having a Senior Moment. I've been away for
four days and wasn't able to check my messages. When I did today, I was
surprised to see that none of the messages had the date or time recorded.
That's never happened before. And, I did not send out an automatic Out of
Office reply. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Toni Doyle

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> The "Received" time is not the time you download the message.
> It is the time that the message arrives on the incoming mail server.
> Your download time could be much later.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>

> "cicorp" <cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
> >
> > You might be asking this. I activated both the Sent and Received
> > columns in Windows Mail v 6.06 which shows me the date and time that I
> > downloaded the email from my mail server, not the date and time that the
> > Sender originally sent this. So if I check email on March 30 at 11:00PM
> > about 100 emails will come in as "received" with the same time, march 30
> > at 11:00pm. Thus I cannot tell when the senders really sent me an email
> > form their side. Sometimes this can be very important information, in
> > customer service.
> >

> > --
> > cicorp

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
Missing time stamps are a totally different problem than a time stamp
that is inaccurate by a few hours.

Your problem could be caused by a non-compatible antivirus. Which
antivirus are you running?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Toni Doyle" <ToniDoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE18874A-127E-49E7-B010-2B919CA44C5E@microsoft.com...
> I'm glad that someone else is having the same problem w/ time & date on
> incoming e-mails--I thought I was having a Senior Moment. I've been away for
> four days and wasn't able to check my messages. When I did today, I was
> surprised to see that none of the messages had the date or time recorded.
> That's never happened before. And, I did not send out an automatic Out of
> Office reply. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Toni Doyle
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> The "Received" time is not the time you download the message.
>> It is the time that the message arrives on the incoming mail server.
>> Your download time could be much later.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>>

>> "cicorp" <cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:cicorp.374dk7@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>> >
>> > You might be asking this. I activated both the Sent and Received
>> > columns in Windows Mail v 6.06 which shows me the date and time that I
>> > downloaded the email from my mail server, not the date and time that the
>> > Sender originally sent this. So if I check email on March 30 at 11:00PM
>> > about 100 emails will come in as "received" with the same time, march 30
>> > at 11:00pm. Thus I cannot tell when the senders really sent me an email
>> > form their side. Sometimes this can be very important information, in
>> > customer service.

Toni Doyle

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
I use AVG Anti-Virus, and have never had a problem with my e-mail -- e.g.,
the date and time have always been recorded on my messages.

Thanks,
Toni Doyle

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Missing time stamps are a totally different problem than a time stamp
> that is inaccurate by a few hours.
>
> Your problem could be caused by a non-compatible antivirus. Which
> antivirus are you running?
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "Toni Doyle" <ToniDoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE18874A-127E-49E7-B010-2B919CA44C5E@microsoft.com...
> > I'm glad that someone else is having the same problem w/ time & date on
> > incoming e-mails--I thought I was having a Senior Moment. I've been away for
> > four days and wasn't able to check my messages. When I did today, I was
> > surprised to see that none of the messages had the date or time recorded.
> > That's never happened before. And, I did not send out an automatic Out of
> > Office reply. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Toni Doyle
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> >
> >> The "Received" time is not the time you download the message.
> >> It is the time that the message arrives on the incoming mail server.
> >> Your download time could be much later.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Re: Show date and time of incoming email in Windows mail
Did you use the standard install for AVG? If so, expect problems to
show up eventually if you keep it that way. If you don't like this,
uninstall it and then do a custom install where you tell it to leave
out the parts that scan email.

http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe