Slow

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Nikko

Slow
I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and how
can you fix this problem?
Gerry

Re: Slow
Compact all folders whist Offline!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nikko" <Nikko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsACCBB6F-9248-441F-A0EC-FC912808367C@microsoft.com...
>I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and
>how
> can you fix this problem?

Possum

Re: Slow
It appears that Windows Update KB922566 on 6/12/07 causes my Windows Mail to
be so slow as to be unusable. If I uninstall the update, the problem goes
away but I feel that uninstalling it is unwise. I haven't seen many
complaints about this issue so it must affect only a few users.

Can anyone comment on this update?

Using Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

"Nikko" <Nikko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsACCBB6F-9248-441F-A0EC-FC912808367C@microsoft.com...
>I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and how
> can you fix this problem?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Slow
I checked various Vista newsgroups and saw almost no complaints
about this. Are you running any third party security software?
If so, you might try uninstalling those one at a time to see if
it makes any difference.

Gary VanderMolen

"Possum" <xcu@atmyway.dotcom> wrote in message news:O7WV6L2rHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It appears that Windows Update KB922566 on 6/12/07 causes my Windows Mail to be so slow as to be unusable. If I uninstall the
> update, the problem goes away but I feel that uninstalling it is unwise. I haven't seen many complaints about this issue so it
> must affect only a few users.
>
> Can anyone comment on this update?
>
> Using Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
>

> "Nikko" <Nikko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsACCBB6F-9248-441F-A0EC-FC912808367C@microsoft.com...
>>I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and how
>> can you fix this problem?

...winston

Re: Slow
Spybot installed ? If so navigate to the immunization option and instruct it to undo immunization.

"Nikko" <Nikko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsACCBB6F-9248-441F-A0EC-FC912808367C@microsoft.com...
:I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and how
: can you fix this problem?
Possum

Re: Slow
I have AVG free antivirus and Ad-Aware free version installed. AVG is not
set to scan e-mail.

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>I checked various Vista newsgroups and saw almost no complaints
> about this. Are you running any third party security software?
> If so, you might try uninstalling those one at a time to see if
> it makes any difference.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>

> "Possum" <xcu@atmyway.dotcom> wrote in message
>> It appears that Windows Update KB922566 on 6/12/07 causes my Windows Mail
>> to be so slow as to be unusable. If I uninstall the update, the problem
>> goes away but I feel that uninstalling it is unwise. I haven't seen many
>> complaints about this issue so it must affect only a few users.
>>
>> Can anyone comment on this update?
>>
>> Using Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
>>

>> "Nikko" <Nikko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsACCBB6F-9248-441F-A0EC-FC912808367C@microsoft.com...
>>>I was wondering if anyone else's windows mail loads up really slow? and
>>>how
>>> can you fix this problem?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Slow
AVG is fine. I'm not familiar with Ad-Aware. Check the Restricted
Sites list in Internet Explorer and make sure there aren't more
than a couple dozen sites in the list. You might try uninstalling
Ad-Aware to see if it makes a difference.

Gary VanderMolen