How to turn off the auto reply?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

kerjohn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to turn off the auto reply?
Hello everyone,
I have been trying for hours to turn off my auto reply in microsoft office 2007.
I had no trouble setting it up before I went away only problem now is I cannot remember how I set it up to turn it off!!
I have tried the suggestions on their help site-
I have no "Out of Office Assistant" under tools.
Also tried Tools-Rules and Alerts-Email Rulesbut under name there is norules in there for me to clear the check box to turn it off.
Thank you
Gary VanderMolen

Re: How to turn off the auto reply?
I assume you are talking about Microsoft Outlook.
The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Live Mail program.
Problems with Outlook should be posted in a forum where the Outlook experts hang out:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/.../officeoutlook

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

--
kerjohn

kerjohn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to turn off the auto reply?
Thank you Gary
Yes I have Microsoft Outlook and vista
I posted here as I've been told it could have something to do with my web mail/server, but I cannot find any information on how to turn it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
I assume you are talking about Microsoft Outlook.
The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Live Mail program.
Problems with Outlook should be posted in a forum where the Outlook experts hang out:
Microsoft Office Outlook Category

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"kerjohn" wrote in message news:kerjohn.4gv3gc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

Hello everyone,
I have been trying for hours to turn off my auto reply in microsoft
office 2007.
I had no trouble setting it up before I went away only problem now is I
cannot remember how I set it up to turn it off!!
I have tried the suggestions on their help site-
I have no "Out of Office Assistant" under tools.
Also tried Tools-Rules and Alerts-Email Rulesbut under name there is
norules in there for me to clear the check box to turn it off.
Thank you

--
kerjohn
Gary VanderMolen

Re: How to turn off the auto reply?
There probably is an auto-reply setting on the mail server, which you can access
via your mail provider's online web page.