Make selected mail darker

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Ed.

Make selected mail darker
Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you
can make it darker ?

In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.

I looked in Options and can't find anything.

Thanks,
Ed.

mac

Re: Make selected mail darker

"Ed." <Ed@address.invalid> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you
> can make it darker ?
>
> In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
> Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
> mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
>
> I looked in Options and can't find anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed.

From your mail headers you are not using Windows Mail, you are using Windows
Live Mail.

This is a known problem in WLM, where the text looks washed out, it might be
changed in a later version?

A workaround is to create a message rule for all messages and set it to
change the colour to Black.

Tools>Message Rules.
(Alt-T-R-M, or N)

If you need any further help with WLM, use the following forum/newsgroup

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop

Or in your WLM programs news reader:

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Ed.

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "Ed." <Ed@address.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if
>> you can make it darker ?
>>
>> In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
>> Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
>> mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
>>
>> I looked in Options and can't find anything.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ed.

> From your mail headers you are not using Windows Mail, you are using
> Windows Live Mail.
>
> This is a known problem in WLM, where the text looks washed out, it might
> be changed in a later version?
>
> A workaround is to create a message rule for all messages and set it to
> change the colour to Black.
>
> Tools>Message Rules.
> (Alt-T-R-M, or N)
>
> If you need any further help with WLM, use the following forum/newsgroup
>
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop
>
> Or in your WLM programs news reader:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizens...e/default.mspx

Thank you for the reply and I will try what you suggested later. I was
talking about Vista Windows Mail. When I wrote the post I was on my Windows
7 machine thus why my Header showed you Windows Live Mail.

In fact this was for a friend of mine that asked me about it and I couldn't
help her. I told her I would post it in the newsgroup as you get good help
from here. You are an example of the good help and it is appreciated and I
will let her know what you said to try and see if it also works for Vista.
When I get a chance I will boot my Vista machine and try it there.

Thanks Again,
Ed.

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Re: Make selected mail darker
Are you talking about the text font used in a received email? If it is
plain text (not HTML), you can change the default font used to display
messages: Tools, Options, Read, Fonts. Try several, since some are
darker than others.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ed." <Ed@address.invalid> wrote in message news:uxdRIMzyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you
> can make it darker ?
>
> In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
> Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
> mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
>
> I looked in Options and can't find anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed.

Ed.

Re: Make selected mail darker
No, I am talking about when you open your inbox on the left, your list of
incoming emails is shown on the right. When you hold your mouse one, it gets
highlighted. You haven't opened the mail yet. They want that highlight to be
darker or brighter so they can read the Sender, Subject, etc. easier. When
they have a bunch of mail it is easier to go thru to see which they feel
they want to open now before others.

Same thing with Sent Mail and Old Mail. They want the highlight to be darker
or brighter. I never heard of you being able to do that some how and is why
we asked.

Thanks,
Ed.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Are you talking about the text font used in a received email? If it is
> plain text (not HTML), you can change the default font used to display
> messages: Tools, Options, Read, Fonts. Try several, since some are
> darker than others.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Ed." <Ed@address.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if
>> you
>> can make it darker ?
>>
>> In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista
>> Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your
>> mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted.
>>
>> I looked in Options and can't find anything.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ed.

slk759

Re: Make selected mail darker
You might try the same fix as some WLMail users have resorted to . . . . .
In the actual Windows Desktop Personalization (right click on the Desktop -
Personalize) - Window Color /Custom - Advanced Appearance Settings - this
displays an old familiar XP-type (and earlier) customization window -
"Item" drop down list - select "Disabled Item" and change the font to
another color.