Enter Network Password

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Kermit

Enter Network Password
I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix it?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ws.vista.mail/
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Re: Enter Network Password
When that happens, click Cancel. That should produce an error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Kermit" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OIRbKJHwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix it?
>

> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ws.vista.mail/

Clari

Re: Enter Network Password
I have this too. The error is:

Task 'mail.btopenworld.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your
e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your
account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server
responded: -ERR [AUTH] Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com'

It's not anything to do with yesterday's updates is it?

Please help!

--
Sue

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> When that happens, click Cancel. That should produce an error message.
> Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
> We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Kermit" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OIRbKJHwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix it?
> >

> > ---
> > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ws.vista.mail/

> .

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Re: Enter Network Password
That doesn't look like an error message coming directly from Windows Mail.
Are you allowing some third party security program, like an antivirus, to mess
with your email? That is a big non-no.

First, test your password by logging in to your webmail:
http://www.btopenworld.com/webmail
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption.
One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted
mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--

"Clari" <Clari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37FBE6BC-E136-4BAC-BB32-5AE147CE98A5@microsoft.com...
>I have this too. The error is:
>
> Task 'mail.btopenworld.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your
> e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your
> account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server
> responded: -ERR [AUTH] Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com'
>
> It's not anything to do with yesterday's updates is it?
>
> Please help!
>
> --
> Sue
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> When that happens, click Cancel. That should produce an error message.
>> Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>> We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Kermit" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OIRbKJHwKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> >I keep getting this dia box popping up every few seconds. How do I fix it?
>> >

>> > ---
>> > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ws.vista.mail/

>> .

Sam Bates

Re: Enter Network Password

I have had the same problem for the past 2 - 3 days now. it seemed to be
just after i installed the new updates however I uninstalled them and still
no luck.

My problem is when I run "ANY" mail program such as live mail "windows 7"
and outlook I constantly get the login pop-up when I sync even though the
user name and password are correct.

as this is happening in both applications i am thinking that BT have done
something that is messing the sync process up.

I can get my mail from the program although this is after about 5 clicks of
the ok button from the pop-up.
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Re: Enter Network Password