Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

wfm100

Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font
I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion and am running Vista Home Premium.

Since I no longer have access to Outlook Express, I'm trying out Windows
Live Hotmail…and the jury's still out!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the default font size. I
know how to change the font size once an email has been composed and is ready
to send, but I haven't been able to configure it to change the default font
size, so that new emails will be created using a different (larger) font.

Please be as specific as possible. Many thanks!

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font
This forum deals with Windows Mail, not Windows Live Hotmail.
Try the MSN Discussion forum.

Gary VanderMolen

"wfm100" <wfm100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1BD53BB-EEE2-43B1-B6CD-7B7F98837ECB@microsoft.com...
>I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion and am running Vista Home Premium.
>
> Since I no longer have access to Outlook Express, I'm trying out Windows
> Live Hotmail.and the jury's still out!
>
> Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the default font size. I
> know how to change the font size once an email has been composed and is ready
> to send, but I haven't been able to configure it to change the default font
> size, so that new emails will be created using a different (larger) font.
>
> Please be as specific as possible. Many thanks!

...winston

Re: Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font
That option is not available in the web interface for Live Hotmail.
Your only changeable options for mail are:
Language, reading pane, signature, save sent msg, sort, reply address and
mobile alerts.
In the future, questions about Msn/Msft http mail should be posted in the
following forum. The link below will properly setup OE or Windows Mail in
nntp format. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...msn.discussion

...winston

"wfm100" <wfm100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion and am running Vista Home Premium.
>
> Since I no longer have access to Outlook Express, I'm trying out Windows
> Live Hotmail.and the jury's still out!
>
> Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the default font size. I
> know how to change the font size once an email has been composed and is
> ready
> to send, but I haven't been able to configure it to change the default
> font
> size, so that new emails will be created using a different (larger) font.
>
> Please be as specific as possible. Many thanks!

wfm100

Re: Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font
Thanks for the answer and sorry I posted in the wrong area.

"...winston" wrote:

> That option is not available in the web interface for Live Hotmail.
> Your only changeable options for mail are:
> Language, reading pane, signature, save sent msg, sort, reply address and
> mobile alerts.
> In the future, questions about Msn/Msft http mail should be posted in the
> following forum. The link below will properly setup OE or Windows Mail in
> nntp format. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...msn.discussion
>
> ...winston
>
> "wfm100" <wfm100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion and am running Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > Since I no longer have access to Outlook Express, I'm trying out Windows
> > Live Hotmail.and the jury's still out!
> >
> > Right now I'm trying to figure out how to change the default font size. I
> > know how to change the font size once an email has been composed and is
> > ready
> > to send, but I haven't been able to configure it to change the default
> > font
> > size, so that new emails will be created using a different (larger) font.
> >
> > Please be as specific as possible. Many thanks!

...winston

Re: Windows Live Hotmail: Default Font
You're welcome.
...w