setting up outlook

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

mwefax@gmail.com

setting up outlook
when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had outlook
on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
instructions but that's not working for me.

would like for outlook to be my default email account.
mac

Re: setting up outlook

"mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E194EAB5-003D-4AAC-94D3-3ADA1B24CF94@microsoft.com...
> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had
> outlook
> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
> instructions but that's not working for me.
>
> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

A few years back, is it a Vista machine or XP?
Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

...winston

Re: setting up outlook
Outlook is an email client.
It can not be a default email account. It can be a default email client.

To start using Outlook, find it on the start menu(usually under Programs/Microsoft Office) and open it..on first use if installed
properly, Outlook will create or prompt to create a profile...once complete....go to Tools/Account Settings(Outlook 2007) or
Tools/E-mail accounts(Outlook 2003) to setup your preferred email account using the email account provider's recommended settings.

If prompted to be the default email client, Outlook usually does, answer yes if you wish Outlook to be your default email client.
Note: Outlook by design does not have a newsgroup reader.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had outlook
> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
> instructions but that's not working for me.
>
> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

Peter Foldes

Re: setting up outlook
Is it Outlook (OL) which is a part of Office or is it Outlook Express (OE) which is
part of Internet Explorer. Which Operating System is the above running in.

--
Peter

"mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had outlook
> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
> instructions but that's not working for me.
>
> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

David B.

Re: setting up outlook
If they're running Vista it obviously can't be Outlook Express.

> Is it Outlook (OL) which is a part of Office or is it Outlook Express (OE)
> which is part of Internet Explorer. Which Operating System is the above
> running in.
>
> --
> Peter

> "mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E194EAB5-003D-4AAC-94D3-3ADA1B24CF94@microsoft.com...
>> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had
>> outlook
>> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
>> instructions but that's not working for me.
>>
>> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

David B.

Re: setting up outlook
Outlook Express is not present in Windows Vista.

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E194EAB5-003D-4AAC-94D3-3ADA1B24CF94@microsoft.com...
>> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had
>> outlook
>> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
>> instructions but that's not working for me.
>>
>> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

> A few years back, is it a Vista machine or XP?
> Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express?
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/

David B.

Re: setting up outlook
Visit your mail providers support site for help in setting up your mail
client.

"mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E194EAB5-003D-4AAC-94D3-3ADA1B24CF94@microsoft.com...
> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had
> outlook
> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
> instructions but that's not working for me.
>
> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

Peter Foldes

Re: setting up outlook
How do you know. Never presume that the OP has Vista by posting in the Vista
newsgroup

.. I seen people with Vista post in the Windows 2003 group as I seen posters with XP
post in the Vista groups and vica versa David.

--
Peter

"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> If they're running Vista it obviously can't be Outlook Express.

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it Outlook (OL) which is a part of Office or is it Outlook Express (OE) which
>> is part of Internet Explorer. Which Operating System is the above running in.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "mwefax@gmail.com" <mwefax@gmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> when i purchased my laptop a few years back i did not know that i had outlook
>>> on my computer - how do i set this account up. i have tried by using the
>>> instructions but that's not working for me.
>>>
>>> would like for outlook to be my default email account.

slk759

Re: setting up outlook
You would be better served if you posted to an Outlook discussion board
rather than the Windows Mail discussion board (Windows Mail is the Vista
email client).

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> You would be better served if you posted to an Outlook discussion board
> rather than the Windows Mail discussion board (Windows Mail is the Vista
> email client).

Another one, 2 days late.

--
Regards Steve.