USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Ken

USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)
I want to change to "live mail" & have gone through the reg.procedure, but
when I go to create an In Box I am directed to open an new account using Live
or Hot Mail. Is there any way I can keep my existing NTL address?

Thanks in advance

Ken R
Dave

Re: USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)
This group is for Windows Mail, not Windows Live Mail.
However, are you sure what it is you are trying to use? Because Windows
Live Mail doesn't have a "reg. procedure", and you do not need to open a new
account.
It sounds like you are trying to use Windows Live Hotmail, the web interface
for Hotmail/Live accounts.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to change to "live mail" & have gone through the reg.procedure, but
> when I go to create an In Box I am directed to open an new account using
> Live
> or Hot Mail. Is there any way I can keep my existing NTL address?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ken R

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)
The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the
Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that question
in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop
or via your news reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...e.mail.desktop

Note: there is no need to accept Windows Live Mail's offer to create a new
Live or Hotmail account. Just set up your NTL account.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F094D9E6-5508-43EF-8A65-6439C97AE65C@microsoft.com...
>I want to change to "live mail" & have gone through the reg.procedure, but
> when I go to create an In Box I am directed to open an new account using Live
> or Hot Mail. Is there any way I can keep my existing NTL address?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ken R

Ken

Re: USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)
Thanks Gary, my main reason for wanting to change was that my mail seams to
be contaminated, I lost all my mail files + inbox, outbox etc. I managed to
recover them but when you try to open you get the Header only & no content.
Every now & then I get a message to say that my mail box has been
contaminated also that my box is full when in fact it is empty [this has
already been raised in an earlier post. see 02/01/2010] When I try to delete
these old files they reappear the next time I open my mail. What I’m I doing
wrong?

-- Ken R

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the
> Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that question
> in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop
> or via your news reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...e.mail.desktop
>
> Note: there is no need to accept Windows Live Mail's offer to create a new
> Live or Hotmail account. Just set up your NTL account.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen
>

> "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F094D9E6-5508-43EF-8A65-6439C97AE65C@microsoft.com...
> >I want to change to "live mail" & have gone through the reg.procedure, but
> > when I go to create an In Box I am directed to open an new account using Live
> > or Hot Mail. Is there any way I can keep my existing NTL address?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Ken R

> .

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: USING LIVE MAIL WITH VIRGIN MEDIA (NTL)
The 'mailbox full' warning is coming from your mail provider, not from
Windows Mail. Log in to webmail: http://webmail.ntlworld.com
and delete emails from there.

Your mailbox in Windows Mail appears to be corrupted. Try running
the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, or as an alternative, upgrade to Windows
Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail