Remote SMTP server has rejected address

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

B. roma

Remote SMTP server has rejected address
I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
Any help would be great

Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Post the complete (verbatim) error if you need assistance.

B. roma wrote:
> I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
> Any help would be great
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Sam Hobbs

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
As PA Bear says, post the complete error message. If however that is the
complete error message, then it is not a Windows Mail message and you need
to determine what software is producing it.

"B. roma" <Broma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
> Any help would be great
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Richard Green

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
I have a similar problem message saying SMPT server has rejected address
503 authentication required; sorry not allot of help I know

"B. roma" <Broma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
> Any help would be great
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Sam Hobbs

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Yeah, you won't get "allot of help" without more information.

"Richard Green" <rgreen@viscosity.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have a similar problem message saying SMPT server has rejected address
> 503 authentication required; sorry not allot of help I know
>
> "B. roma" <Broma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
>> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
>> Any help would be great
>>
>> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
>> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Again, that's not the complete error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Richard Green" <rgreen@viscosity.co.nz> wrote in message news:up3WYeJeKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I have a similar problem message saying SMPT server has rejected address
> 503 authentication required; sorry not allot of help I know
>
> "B. roma" <Broma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
>> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
>> Any help would be great
>>
>> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
>> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

mrwatcher

RE: Remote SMTP server has rejected address

--
mrwatcher

I just started having the same problem with Windows Mail, when I try to send
my wife
an email, It will reject it , it just started doing this about a week ago.
It says :

problem, for Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm
having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the
proper server settings please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'blac7@austin.rr.com.'. Subject 'Snow
Fairy', Account:"pop-server.austin.rr.com',Server:
'smtp-server.austin.rr.com', Protocol;
SMPT,Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error',Port:25, Secure
(SSL): No
Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

GREG

> I am getting the following message when sending an email to two different
> recipients, this has never happened before or with anyone else.
> Any help would be great
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Blocked

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
"Syntax error" was the tip-off. You have an illegal period at the end
of the email address "blac7@austin.rr.com."