Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

elmalop is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then I'm sent to a blank page whose tab reads, http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate any info. Thanks!
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
Are you using Windows Mail as your default mail program? Do this:
Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
"Set your default programs."
After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows
Mail". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green arrow.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"elmalop" <elmalop.42w4k4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:elmalop.42w4k4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo
> Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then I'm
> sent to a blank page whose tab reads, http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I
> am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate any
> info. Thanks!
>

> --
> elmalop

elmalop is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) View Post
Are you using Windows Mail as your default mail program? Do this:
Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
"Set your default programs."
After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows
Mail". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green arrow.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"elmalop" <elmalop.42w4k4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:elmalop.42w4k4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo
> Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then I'm
> sent to a blank page whose tab reads, http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I
> am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate any
> info. Thanks!
>

> --
> elmalop

Windows Mail is not my default mail program, Yahoo is. I did what you said and re-set Yahoo. Still didn't work. I think I'll have to wait for the default pop-up window and choose Yahoo again and see what happens.

I'm having another issue installing updates. Error code 646 comes up. The updates do not install. I googled this, but there are a variety of answers. Any help there?

Also, I downloaded Picasa and deleted photos from Windows Photo Gallery (because I wasn't able to e-mail the photos - original problem) to conserve space. I kept receiving the "low disc space" message. I did disc clean-up a few times, scans, and finally ran Registry Mechanic which freed up a lot of space, but somewhere along the line I lost 99% of my photos! Not sure if I have a virus lurking or I'm just doing all the wrong things. BTW - I have a Compaq Notebook PC with Windows Vista Premium. Thanks for your help so far, sorry to be such a problem!
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
Yahoo is not a mail program, it is a mail service.
That said, there are hacks to identify Yahoo Mail as the default
mail handler in Vista. When you open the Default Programs applet,
does it list "Yahoo! Mail" as one of the programs?

The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the
Windows Mail program. Windows Update and other issues are
handled elsewhere. Unfortunately, the third party web interface you
are using makes that distinction murky. You will have to take that up
with the moderator of Vistaheads.

--

"elmalop" <elmalop.430g46@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:elmalop.430g46@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\);1618272 Wrote:
>> Are you using Windows Mail as your default mail program? Do this:
>> Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
>> the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
>> "Set your default programs."
>> After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows
>> Mail". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
>> then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green
>> arrow.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen
>>

>> "elmalop" <elmalop.42w4k4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo
>> > Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then

>> I'm
>> > sent to a blank page whose tab reads,

>> http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I
>> > am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate

>> any
>> > info. Thanks!
>> >

>> > --
>> > elmalop
>> >

> Windows Mail is not my default mail program, Yahoo is. I did what you
> said and re-set Yahoo. Still didn't work. I think I'll have to wait
> for the default pop-up window and choose Yahoo again and see what
> happens.
>
> I'm having another issue installing updates. Error code 646 comes up.
> The updates do not install. I googled this, but there are a variety of
> answers. Any help there?
>
> Also, I downloaded Picasa and deleted photos from Windows Photo Gallery
> (because I wasn't able to e-mail the photos - original problem) to
> conserve space. I kept receiving the "low disc space" message. I did
> disc clean-up a few times, scans, and finally ran Registry Mechanic
> which freed up a lot of space, but somewhere along the line I lost 99%
> of my photos! Not sure if I have a virus lurking or I'm just doing all
> the wrong things. BTW - I have a Compaq Notebook PC with Windows Vista
> Premium. Thanks for your help so far, sorry to be such a problem!
>

> --
> elmalop

elmalop is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
[quote=Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\);1619275]Yahoo is not a mail program, it is a mail service.
> [...]

> for the default pop-up window and choose Yahoo again and see what
> happens.
>
> I'm having another issue installing updates. Error code 646 comes up.
> The updates do not install. I googled this, but there are a variety of
> answers. Any help there?
>
> Also, I downloaded Picasa and deleted photos from Windows Photo Gallery
> (because I wasn't able to e-mail the photos - original problem) to
> conserve space. I kept receiving the "low disc space" message. I did
> disc clean-up a few times, scans, and finally ran Registry Mechanic
> which freed up a lot of space, but somewhere along the line I lost 99%
> of my photos! Not sure if I have a virus lurking or I'm just doing all
> the wrong things. BTW - I have a Compaq Notebook PC with Windows Vista
> Premium. Thanks for your help so far, sorry to be such a problem!

[/QUOT

I appreciate your feedback...
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
You're very welcome.