Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Tom

Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working
I have been using WIndows mail on my Vista Operating system to send and
recieve my AOL email. Once I had AT&T U-Verse installed in the house
Microsoft Mail recieves (very slowly) and will not send email.

When I do attempt to send and recieve WIndows Mail pops up a box about how
do I want to connect to the internet. When I go to select a new connection
the Windows dialog boxes tell me I am already connected to the internet
(which I know), but the damn thing still just acts like it needs to dial a
connection - even though it already downloaded my email.

Is this a windows set up issue, or does the AT&T service put some block in
the ISP that prevents me from connecting to AOL SMTP servers?

Re: Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working
Tools | Accounts | Mail | [account] | Properties | Connection | Always
connect using... (uncheck this)

Tom wrote:
> I have been using WIndows mail on my Vista Operating system to send and
> recieve my AOL email. Once I had AT&T U-Verse installed in the house
> Microsoft Mail recieves (very slowly) and will not send email.
>
> When I do attempt to send and recieve WIndows Mail pops up a box about how
> do I want to connect to the internet. When I go to select a new
> connection
> the Windows dialog boxes tell me I am already connected to the internet
> (which I know), but the damn thing still just acts like it needs to dial a
> connection - even though it already downloaded my email.
>
> Is this a windows set up issue, or does the AT&T service put some block in
> the ISP that prevents me from connecting to AOL SMTP servers?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Re: Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working
Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You must either leave that unselected (in which case WM will use whatever
connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.

Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.
If all that checks out, but you still have the problem, the account may be corrupted.
Delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F866D31-DBEA-4D3D-92E2-AFA8C6EEB255@microsoft.com...
>I have been using WIndows mail on my Vista Operating system to send and
> recieve my AOL email. Once I had AT&T U-Verse installed in the house
> Microsoft Mail recieves (very slowly) and will not send email.
>
> When I do attempt to send and recieve WIndows Mail pops up a box about how
> do I want to connect to the internet. When I go to select a new connection
> the Windows dialog boxes tell me I am already connected to the internet
> (which I know), but the damn thing still just acts like it needs to dial a
> connection - even though it already downloaded my email.
>
> Is this a windows set up issue, or does the AT&T service put some block in
> the ISP that prevents me from connecting to AOL SMTP servers?

Michael Walraven

Re: Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working
Check to make sure you have not set a forced connection for your accounts.

Tools
Accounts
select account
Properties
Connection tab

for most accounts the check box should be empty

check this setting for all of the accounts

Michael