Re: Editing config-sys file
What does that have to do with Windows Mail?
There are a few config.sys files on Vista.
Run a search and take your pick.
Originally Posted by Kevin
I've been getting the folowing message when trying to open certain programs,
"Too many files are currently in use by 16 bit programs. Quit one or more
16-bit programs or increase the value of the FILES command in your
Could someone please tell me how to increase the FILES value with VISTA. In
older versions of Windows, I seem to remember it was simply a matter of
typing something like 'edit config-sys' in the 'run' box, to be able to edit
the file. But with VISTA I've had no luck finding the file or using HELP.
I'm running VISTA Home Premium. on a dektop with an AMD Phenom 8450
Tripple-core processor at 2.10 GHz. RAM is 4.0 GB, and the Operating System
10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: