Live Mail won't autocomplete

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

johninbideford is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Live Mail won't autocomplete
My new Vista computer has been returned from the manufacturer folllowing a return to base under guarantee. All my stuff has been wiped, and I have restored from backup.

All my contacts appeared in a separate windows contacts folder, and I have moved them to the windows contacts folder which shows up when I click the start button, but Windows Live Mail does not seem to recognise its existence and does not give me the option of autocompleting email addresses when I send a new email.

When I click the contacts icon at the bottom of the Live Mail window, an empty box comes up, with no contacts listed.

When I go to my Windows Vista contacts list, right click on a contact and select "Send mail" Vista tries to do it through Windows Mail and not through Live mail, even though Live Mail is my default email client. But Windows Mail won't autocomplete either.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by johninbideford : 08-25-2009 at 10:21. Reason: New information has come to light
R. C. White

Re: Live Mail won't autocomplete
Hi, John.

You posted in the Vistaheads forum, which apparently does not recognize the
difference between Windows Mail - which is a part of Vista - and Windows
Live Mail, which must be downloaded (from http://download.live.com) and
installed separately. And, since the headers of your message don't tell me,
I must ask you: Are you using Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail?

Vistaheads simply relayed your post to the Microsoft public news server and
put it into the newsgroup for Windows Mail. But you said, "but Windows Live
Mail does not seem to recognise its existence". If you really mean WLM,
rather than WM, then your question should be posted here:

If your question is really about WM, then click here:

Either of those will "cut out the middleman" and post your question to the
newsgroup where Vistaheads would relay it, anyhow.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"johninbideford" <johninbideford.3xgvci@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote
in message news:johninbideford.3xgvci@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> My new Vista computer has been returned from the manufacturer folllowing
> a return to base under guarantee. All my stuff has been wiped, and I
> have restored from backup.
>
> All my contacts appeared in a separate windows contacts folder, and I
> have moved them to the windows contacts folder which shows up when I
> click the start button, but Windows Live Mail does not seem to recognise
> its existence and does not give me the option of autocompleting email
> addresses when I send a new email.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> --
> johninbideford