no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hbiBT?=

no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
I have turned off Norton, but this reason for rejecting comes up,
www.spamhaus.org... Is there something I need to turn off from them as well?
Windows Vista is a pain...

The rejected e-mail address was 'dave@sarsonsinmissions.com'. Subject
'test', Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; [63.100.216.175] RBL blocked,
reason: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
--
Thanks Joan
PA Bear

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
cf. http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175 =>
http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=63.100.216.175

The Spamhaus Project:
http://www.spamhaus.org/
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Joan S wrote:
> I have turned off Norton, but this reason for rejecting comes up,
> www.spamhaus.org... Is there something I need to turn off from them as
> well?
> Windows Vista is a pain...
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'dave@sarsonsinmissions.com'. Subject
> 'test', Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol:
> SMTP,
> Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; [63.100.216.175] RBL blocked,
> reason: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

DGuess

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
Well, the error you are getting is NOT from Windows Mail. It's from your
ISP's mail server.
Check your account settings.

"Joan S" <JoanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have turned off Norton, but this reason for rejecting comes up,
> www.spamhaus.org... Is there something I need to turn off from them as
> well?
> Windows Vista is a pain...
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'dave@sarsonsinmissions.com'. Subject
> 'test', Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol:
> SMTP,
> Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; [63.100.216.175] RBL blocked,
> reason: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
> --
> Thanks Joan

Gary VanderMolen

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
Your send failure has nothing to do with Vista or Windows Mail.
As PA Bear already indicated, your IP address is blacklisted at
the server for spamming. If you think it should not be, call your ISP,
TELUS.

Gary VanderMolen

"Joan S" <JoanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7887F78B-F1C7-44B7-B6E6-97459618B71F@microsoft.com...
>I have turned off Norton, but this reason for rejecting comes up,
> www.spamhaus.org... Is there something I need to turn off from them as well?
> Windows Vista is a pain...
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'dave@sarsonsinmissions.com'. Subject
> 'test', Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; [63.100.216.175] RBL blocked,
> reason: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
> --
> Thanks Joan

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlzIEUgQw==?=

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
After going through this problem for several weeks and working with SBC and
Dell to determine that this is a Vista problem. i was wondering whether
anyone is the vast user group experiencing these system problems has
considered contacting an Intellectual Property firm to file suit for this
obvious defect. Windows, by now, should have devoted its vast resources to
resolving this headache, and I am appalled at the number of posts associated
with Vista. While it is customary to roll-out product and have the consumers
trouble-shoot the problem, the damage to time and emotional distress alone
warrants compensation. If anyone is knows of a move for a class-action based
on defective product delivery based on latent or patent defects or fraud I
would like to know about it and be included. Dennis Caines

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Your send failure has nothing to do with Vista or Windows Mail.
> As PA Bear already indicated, your IP address is blacklisted at
> the server for spamming. If you think it should not be, call your ISP,
> TELUS.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "Joan S" <JoanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7887F78B-F1C7-44B7-B6E6-97459618B71F@microsoft.com...
> >I have turned off Norton, but this reason for rejecting comes up,
> > www.spamhaus.org... Is there something I need to turn off from them as well?
> > Windows Vista is a pain...
> >
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> > The rejected e-mail address was 'dave@sarsonsinmissions.com'. Subject
> > 'test', Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol: SMTP,
> > Server Response: '554 Service unavailable; [63.100.216.175] RBL blocked,
> > reason: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=63.100.216.175', Port: 25,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
> > --
> > Thanks Joan

Gary VanderMolen

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
Windows Mail is a "freebie" that is thrown in with Windows Vista
on a take-it-or-leave-it basis. If it doesn't meet your needs, get
something better. Only a fool would spend countless hours on it.

Gary VanderMolen

"Dennis E C" <dcaines@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:56E4C0E5-3C35-4FC6-950F-188855B2D82C@microsoft.com...
> After going through this problem for several weeks and working with SBC and
> Dell to determine that this is a Vista problem. i was wondering whether
> anyone is the vast user group experiencing these system problems has
> considered contacting an Intellectual Property firm to file suit for this
> obvious defect. Windows, by now, should have devoted its vast resources to
> resolving this headache, and I am appalled at the number of posts associated
> with Vista. While it is customary to roll-out product and have the consumers
> trouble-shoot the problem, the damage to time and emotional distress alone
> warrants compensation. If anyone is knows of a move for a class-action based
> on defective product delivery based on latent or patent defects or fraud I
> would like to know about it and be included. Dennis Caines

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
"Dennis E C" <dcaines@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> After going through this problem for several weeks and working with SBC
> and
> Dell to determine that this is a Vista problem. i was wondering whether
> anyone is the vast user group experiencing these system problems has
> considered contacting an Intellectual Property firm to file suit for this
> obvious defect. Windows, by now, should have devoted its vast resources
> resolving this headache, and I am appalled at the number of posts
> associated
> with Vista. While it is customary to roll-out product and have the
> consumers
> trouble-shoot the problem, the damage to time and emotional distress alone
> warrants compensation. If anyone is knows of a move for a class-action
> based
> on defective product delivery based on latent or patent defects or fraud I
> would like to know about it and be included. Dennis Caines

Microsoft is not going to throw "vast resources" at Windows Mail. The team
responsible for Windows Mail is rather small and is too busy with Windows
Live Mail Desktop to give a rodent's behind about Windows Mail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

DGuess

Re: no outgoing email - what is 'spamhaus'
If that's what you want to do, jump, don't waste time asking others to do
it.

There's a small town off the Mississippi River that has file more class
action suits, have at it. I figured there's several lawyers willing to find
a cause to sue Microsoft.

Its a put up or shut up deal. You pansys talk a big talk. Let's see if you
can walk the walk. Put up or shut up.