I can't copy and paste

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Country Gal

I can't copy and paste

Up until today I have been able to cut and paste from Works word
processor to Windows Mail. Now when I try to do this I get the message
-"Windows Mail has stopped working" or "Last time you ran Windows Mail
it did not exit correctly."

This cut and paste function has always worked until now. How can I fix
the problem?

--
Country Gal
popcorn

Re: I can't copy and paste
Country Gal, I have had this to happen. What I did was go back and open
Works. Then I went to File and Exit. That seemed to reset everything.
Sometimes this happens on my sending email, so I just open email and go to
file>exit, and that fixes it.

"Country Gal" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Up until today I have been able to cut and paste from Works word
> processor to Windows Mail. Now when I try to do this I get the message
> -"Windows Mail has stopped working" or "Last time you ran Windows Mail
> it did not exit correctly."
>
> This cut and paste function has always worked until now. How can I fix
> the problem?
>

> --
> Country Gal

Gary VanderMolen

Re: I can't copy and paste
Since Windows Mail has not been improved since about July 2006,
each day it falls a little farther behind in the compatibility race.
I suggest upgrading to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Country Gal" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:aa82fca50c597c918ed2e830e63a654c@nntp-gateway.com...

> Up until today I have been able to cut and paste from Works word
> processor to Windows Mail. Now when I try to do this I get the message
> -"Windows Mail has stopped working" or "Last time you ran Windows Mail
> it did not exit correctly."
>
> This cut and paste function has always worked until now. How can I fix
> the problem?
>

> --
> Country Gal

Country Gal

Re: I can't copy and paste

I did everything that you suggested including upgrading to Windows Live
Mail. The same problem still exists. When I copy and paste a message
from Works to an email I'm working on I get this message: "A problem
caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the
program and notify you if a solution is available."

I don't know what else to do. I can still send and recieve mail but I
cannot use the copy and paste function although this function was
working OK till Tuesday.

--
Country Gal
Gary VanderMolen

Re: I can't copy and paste
I don't have a definitive fix for this type of problem.
One possible cause is an overly aggressive antivirus program.
To test that theory you would have to uninstall your antivirus
on a temporary basis. If no improvement, you can reinstall the
antivirus.

A recent Windows Update may have caused a third party program
to start interfering with Windows Mail. The Google and Yahoo
toolbars are often a cause of incompatibility issues. Also, the
Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) upgrade has caused issues for quite a few
users, so you might try uninstalling it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

--

"Country Gal" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:7d8a7a1ec91f69b13714a6cbfa43e73a@nntp-gateway.com...

> I did everything that you suggested including upgrading to Windows Live
> Mail. The same problem still exists. When I copy and paste a message
> from Works to an email I'm working on I get this message: "A problem
> caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the
> program and notify you if a solution is available."
>
> I don't know what else to do. I can still send and recieve mail but I
> cannot use the copy and paste function although this function was
> working OK till Tuesday.
>

> --
> Country Gal

mopar

Re: I can't copy and paste

I can cut from a Works Doc. When I paste to either WM or WLM it is there
but I loose all formating.

--
mopar

Location: Just outside of Detroit
VistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant future
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: I can't copy and paste
Makes sense. MS Word is not entirely compatible with
HTML (Windows Mail). MS Word will put add all kinds
of code (formatting) that isn't necessary. Same with
MS Outlook. Same with Incredimail.

If you want to use Word to compose, save as plain text.
Otherwise, it is best to use WM to compose your message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar View Post
I can cut from a Works Doc. When I paste to either WM or WLM it is there
but I loose all formating.

--
mopar
__________________
10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here:
Country Gal

Re: I can't copy and paste

There must be a solution to this problem. Let me state it again with
some more detail.

Three days ago everything was working smoothly. I could write a letter
on my Works word processor, then I could copy and paste it into an email
and send it.

Here's what happens now when I try to do this: As soon as I try to
paste the text in an email, the program is grayed out and a message
appears. This is the message: "Windows Mail has stopped working. A
problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The Works program is functioning OK. I can copy and paste from one page
to another without any problem. It is only when I try to paste into the
email program that a problem occurs.

Would this help - Should I get a new word processor like Word 2008?
This is an expensive option. I would prefer a less expensived one.

My computer is only six months old and I use it only occasionally.

I really do need help on this.

--
Country Gal
Gary VanderMolen

Re: I can't copy and paste
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Why can't you just compose your letter inside Windows Mail?

--

"Country Gal" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:bc83ff2374cf7de3df453f7dd4ffee50@nntp-gateway.com...

> There must be a solution to this problem. Let me state it again with
> some more detail.
>
> Three days ago everything was working smoothly. I could write a letter
> on my Works word processor, then I could copy and paste it into an email
> and send it.
>
> Here's what happens now when I try to do this: As soon as I try to
> paste the text in an email, the program is grayed out and a message
> appears. This is the message: "Windows Mail has stopped working. A
> problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available."
>
> The Works program is functioning OK. I can copy and paste from one page
> to another without any problem. It is only when I try to paste into the
> email program that a problem occurs.
>
> Would this help - Should I get a new word processor like Word 2008?
> This is an expensive option. I would prefer a less expensived one.
>
> My computer is only six months old and I use it only occasionally.
>
> I really do need help on this.
>

> --
> Country Gal

Country Gal

Re: I can't copy and paste

I'm running Norton AntiVirus 2009 with Antispyware.

"Why can't you just compose your letter inside Windows Mail?"

Of course I can do this but I have several form letters in Works that I
use over and over again.

By the way, I just copied and pasted your sentence without any problem.

I noticed while looking through the threads that others have had
problems with copying and pasting too - or rather just pasting.

--
Country Gal