Windows Messenger

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Alan

Windows Messenger
Hi,
I know this isn't a Hotmail group but maybe someone could tell me how to do
this or where to ask. Every time I log into Hotmail, Windows Messenger
starts to configure itself. I don't want it, but I can't stop it.
I've Googled the problem and done all the things that people recommend,
removed it from the start menu, (Run > msconfig > Start) several times, but
still it starts every time I use Hotmail. It's driving me mad and I can't
understand why Microsoft make it so hard to get rid of.
Any advice appreciated,
Regards,
Alan.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Messenger
For Hotmail issues go here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Alan" <alan111@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:OmyzrdU5JHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I know this isn't a Hotmail group but maybe someone could tell me how to do
> this or where to ask. Every time I log into Hotmail, Windows Messenger
> starts to configure itself. I don't want it, but I can't stop it.
> I've Googled the problem and done all the things that people recommend,
> removed it from the start menu, (Run > msconfig > Start) several times, but
> still it starts every time I use Hotmail. It's driving me mad and I can't
> understand why Microsoft make it so hard to get rid of.
> Any advice appreciated,
> Regards,
> Alan.

Alan

Re: Windows Messenger
Thank you, I'll give it a try,
Regards,
Alan.
"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
For Hotmail issues go here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Alan" <alan111@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I know this isn't a Hotmail group but maybe someone could tell me how to
> do
> this or where to ask. Every time I log into Hotmail, Windows Messenger
> starts to configure itself. I don't want it, but I can't stop it.
> I've Googled the problem and done all the things that people recommend,
> removed it from the start menu, (Run > msconfig > Start) several times,
> but
> still it starts every time I use Hotmail. It's driving me mad and I can't
> understand why Microsoft make it so hard to get rid of.
> Any advice appreciated,
> Regards,
> Alan.

Re: Windows Messenger
You can post your query to this Windows Live Messenger-specific newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ve.mess enger

In your newsreader:

Alan wrote:
> Hi,
> I know this isn't a Hotmail group but maybe someone could tell me how to
> do
> this or where to ask. Every time I log into Hotmail, Windows Messenger
> starts to configure itself. I don't want it, but I can't stop it.
> I've Googled the problem and done all the things that people recommend,
> removed it from the start menu, (Run > msconfig > Start) several times,
> but
> still it starts every time I use Hotmail. It's driving me mad and I can't
> understand why Microsoft make it so hard to get rid of.
> Any advice appreciated,
> Regards,
> Alan.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Messenger
You're very welcome. As PA Bear indicated, the Messenger
newsgroup might be an even better source of help for that issue.