How do I stop an email being sent?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

ValleyVegan

How do I stop an email being sent?
How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it? Mail say it
is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the message going out. I
can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it will try to send for several
minutes, slowing down my internet. How do I just tell it to stop?
John Inzer

Re: How do I stop an email being sent?
ValleyVegan wrote:
> How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it?
> Mail say it is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the
> message going out. I can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it
> will try to send for several minutes, slowing down my internet. How
> do I just tell it to stop?

=====================================
Something to try...

Go to...Outbox and Right Click / Delete the message

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: *More*How do I stop an email being sent?
Also try...

Left click...Sync...on taskbar...left click...Stop button.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
===
> ValleyVegan wrote:
>> How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it?
>> Mail say it is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the
>> message going out. I can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it
>> will try to send for several minutes, slowing down my internet. How
>> do I just tell it to stop?

> =====================================
> Something to try...
>
> Go to...Outbox and Right Click / Delete the message

Patrick Keenan

"ValleyVegan" <ValleyVegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it? Mail say
> it
> is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the message going out.
> can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it will try to send for
> several
> minutes, slowing down my internet. How do I just tell it to stop?

Either choose Cancel from the Details window, or disconnect the network
cable. Then delete it from the outbox.

HTH
-pk

Re: How do I stop an email being sent?
ALT+F+W

ValleyVegan wrote:
> How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it? Mail say
> it is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the message going
> out. I can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it will try to send
> for
> several minutes, slowing down my internet. How do I just tell it to stop?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: How do I stop an email being sent?
You probably won't be able to delete that message while
Windows Mail is trying to send it.
First stop your Internet connection, then delete that message
from the Outbox.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.zyx> wrote in message news:Odxwywp0JHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> ValleyVegan wrote:
>> How do I stop an email whilst the computer is trying to send it?
>> Mail say it is sent, but I can see the icon on the tool bar of the
>> message going out. I can tell it will be rejected, and sometimes it
>> will try to send for several minutes, slowing down my internet. How
>> do I just tell it to stop?

> =====================================
> Something to try...
>
> Go to...Outbox and Right Click / Delete the message
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice