Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

double double trouble

Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei
anyone have any suggestions? It takes a long time to download 5,000+
messages every time you send/receive!!!!!

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei
Check if the below setting is checked.

Tools menu - Accounts - <choose account> - Properties button - Advanced
tab - Leave a Copy On The Server checkbox

"double double trouble" <double double trouble@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:A7F34C45-10BF-460C-B199-47483BB1EFDD@microsoft.com...
> anyone have any suggestions? It takes a long time to download 5,000+
> messages every time you send/receive!!!!!

Patrick Keenan

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei

"double double trouble" <double double trouble@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:A7F34C45-10BF-460C-B199-47483BB1EFDD@microsoft.com...
> anyone have any suggestions? It takes a long time to download 5,000+
> messages every time you send/receive!!!!!

Windows Mail is downloading only the inbox, which isn't being managed
efficiently on the server.

Either delete mail from the server, or create folders on the server and
move messages there.

HTH
-pk

FedCURE

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei

This is ridiculous! Shame on you Microsoft.

Surly Microsoft can do better. We migrated one of our many small
networks to VISTA from XP. The migrating from OE6 to Windows Mail was a
nightmare. Leaving brand new machines almost inoperable because of the
slowness of Windows Mail to open large CONTACTS and CREATE MESSAGE.
This was not the case with OE6.

The migration caused duplicate CONTACTS and Microsoft has no fix for
that, not even a utility that would remove duplicate files.
Inexcusable.
Worse, is the bug complained of here--DOUBLE MAIL. The fixes offered
here are ridiculous.

If Microsoft is reading these forums, Bill Gates in particular, they
and he should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this nonsense,
post haste.

Thank God we didn't upgrade across the organization.

Standing by for a real fix to these issues, not so called work arounds.

--
FedCURE
Dave

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei
Windows Mail has some shortcomings, as it apparently was rushed out the door
in order
to meet Vista release date. It has not and will not be updated, as it has
been "replaced" with the newer Windows Live Mail.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"FedCURE" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> This is ridiculous! Shame on you Microsoft.
>
> Surly Microsoft can do better. We migrated one of our many small
> networks to VISTA from XP. The migrating from OE6 to Windows Mail was a
> nightmare. Leaving brand new machines almost inoperable because of the
> slowness of Windows Mail to open large CONTACTS and CREATE MESSAGE.
> This was not the case with OE6.
>
> The migration caused duplicate CONTACTS and Microsoft has no fix for
> that, not even a utility that would remove duplicate files.
> Inexcusable.
> Worse, is the bug complained of here--DOUBLE MAIL. The fixes offered
> here are ridiculous.
>
> If Microsoft is reading these forums, Bill Gates in particular, they
> and he should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this nonsense,
> post haste.
>
> Thank God we didn't upgrade across the organization.
>
> Standing by for a real fix to these issues, not so called work arounds.
>

> --
> FedCURE

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/recei
Microsoft does not read this forum since Windows Mail is obsolete.
It has been deprecated in favor of the newer Windows Live Mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"FedCURE" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:aff160b87bc3a8a9778159bb1026b54b@nntp-gateway.com...

> This is ridiculous! Shame on you Microsoft.
>
> Surly Microsoft can do better. We migrated one of our many small
> networks to VISTA from XP. The migrating from OE6 to Windows Mail was a
> nightmare. Leaving brand new machines almost inoperable because of the
> slowness of Windows Mail to open large CONTACTS and CREATE MESSAGE.
> This was not the case with OE6.
>
> The migration caused duplicate CONTACTS and Microsoft has no fix for
> that, not even a utility that would remove duplicate files.
> Inexcusable.
> Worse, is the bug complained of here--DOUBLE MAIL. The fixes offered
> here are ridiculous.
>
> If Microsoft is reading these forums, Bill Gates in particular, they
> and he should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this nonsense,
> post haste.
>
> Thank God we didn't upgrade across the organization.
>
> Standing by for a real fix to these issues, not so called work arounds.
>

> --
> FedCURE

Seaspray

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/r
OK GRanny here...and everyone from kids to business clients assumes it is a
'granny' problem. I am heated about this. Why in heavens name can't
Microsoft just 'update' something that we can download to fix this stupid
problem. if you need support on a petition, I'm here...how about others?

"FedCURE" wrote:

> This is ridiculous! Shame on you Microsoft.
>
> Surly Microsoft can do better. We migrated one of our many small
> networks to VISTA from XP. The migrating from OE6 to Windows Mail was a
> nightmare. Leaving brand new machines almost inoperable because of the
> slowness of Windows Mail to open large CONTACTS and CREATE MESSAGE.
> This was not the case with OE6.
>
> The migration caused duplicate CONTACTS and Microsoft has no fix for
> that, not even a utility that would remove duplicate files.
> Inexcusable.
> Worse, is the bug complained of here--DOUBLE MAIL. The fixes offered
> here are ridiculous.
>
> If Microsoft is reading these forums, Bill Gates in particular, they
> and he should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this nonsense,
> post haste.
>
> Thank God we didn't upgrade across the organization.
>
> Standing by for a real fix to these issues, not so called work arounds.
>

> --
> FedCURE

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/r
Did you just want to vent, or did you want to ask for help?
This forum is for the latter.

--

"Seaspray" <Seaspray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B003549-74BC-4D48-89ED-78876A65FA78@microsoft.com...
> OK GRanny here...and everyone from kids to business clients assumes it is a
> 'granny' problem. I am heated about this. Why in heavens name can't
> Microsoft just 'update' something that we can download to fix this stupid
> problem. if you need support on a petition, I'm here...how about others?
>
> "FedCURE" wrote:
>

>> This is ridiculous! Shame on you Microsoft.
>>
>> Surly Microsoft can do better. We migrated one of our many small
>> networks to VISTA from XP. The migrating from OE6 to Windows Mail was a
>> nightmare. Leaving brand new machines almost inoperable because of the
>> slowness of Windows Mail to open large CONTACTS and CREATE MESSAGE.
>> This was not the case with OE6.
>>
>> The migration caused duplicate CONTACTS and Microsoft has no fix for
>> that, not even a utility that would remove duplicate files.
>> Inexcusable.
>> Worse, is the bug complained of here--DOUBLE MAIL. The fixes offered
>> here are ridiculous.
>>
>> If Microsoft is reading these forums, Bill Gates in particular, they
>> and he should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this nonsense,
>> post haste.
>>
>> Thank God we didn't upgrade across the organization.
>>
>> Standing by for a real fix to these issues, not so called work arounds.
>>

>> --
>> FedCURE

Susan R

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/r
Does that mean I need to check my messages on the werver first, and then they
won't be in Windows Mail at all? If nthat's the case, can I uninstall
Windows Mail as a stand alone program? It certainly doesn't serve any
purpose, and I can't see jumpin form the frying pan into the fire by buying
Windows 7. Sorry I,m not tha technologically savvy to understand your reply
the first time around! SR

"Patrick Keenan" wrote:

> "double double trouble" <double double trouble@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:A7F34C45-10BF-460C-B199-47483BB1EFDD@microsoft.com...
> > anyone have any suggestions? It takes a long time to download 5,000+
> > messages every time you send/receive!!!!!

> Windows Mail is downloading only the inbox, which isn't being managed
> efficiently on the server.
>
> Either delete mail from the server, or create folders on the server and
> move messages there.
>
> HTH
> -pk

Steve Cochran

Re: Windows Mail downloading duplicate messages everytime I send/r
Go to Tools | Accounts and make sure you don't have two copies of the same
email account set up.

steve