attaching photos to hotmail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

roger.borchers is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
attaching photos to hotmail
I would like to be able to attach photos to my hotmail email message like I formerly was able .... by clicking on attach and pulling down "photo" from the choices ... photo or file. This resulted in a box with thumbnail images of the photos in a folder I had chosen.
My option now available in hotmail simply allows me to browse for a file to download, so if I want to attach 10 photos I have to choose each separately and the download is very much slower than it was with the other arrangement.
I looked on another desktop computer I have and I'm guessing I need download Microsoft Photo Upload Control on my laptop (Windows Vista). My desktop uses Windows XP. However, my laptop used to work fine with how I like to attach photos. I don't know if I updated some software that made the difference or what. I recently started using Mozilla Firefox, also.
I can't remember if the photo attachment problem existed before Firefox was used or not.

4/15/09 Wanted to let everyone know that my problem described above has been resolved ... I deleted Mozilla Firefox and a couple of other programs that were an annoyance (trial version of Norton Security software, HP System Advisor, etc.) and the photo option in the pulldown menu has reappeared and is working as it was "in the good old days". I believe the Mozilla Firefox was the problem in my set of circumstances. So if anyone is using Mozilla Firefox and has lost the ability to attach photos in Hotmail as described, I would suggest deleting Mozilla Firefox and see if that doesn't resolve the problem.

Last edited by roger.borchers : 04-15-2009 at 15:29. Reason: problem has been resolved in my situation
Jeannette

RE: attaching photos to hotmail

"roger.borchers" wrote:

> I would like to be able to attach photos to my hotmail email message
> like I formerly was able .... by clicking on attach and pulling down
> "photo" from the choices ... photo or file. This resulted in a box with
> thumbnail images of the photos in a folder I had chosen.
> My option now available in hotmail simply allows me to browse for a
> file to download, so if I want to attach 10 photos I have to choose each
> separately and the download is very much slower than it was with the
> other arrangement.
> I looked on another desktop computer I have and I'm guessing I need
> download Microsoft Photo Upload Control on my laptop (Windows Vista).
> My desktop uses Windows XP. However, my laptop used to work fine with
> how I like to attach photos. I don't know if I updated some software
> that made the difference or what. I recently started using Mozilla
> Firefox, also.
> I can't remember if the photo attachment problem existed before Firefox
> was used or not.

> roger.borchers

Re: attaching photos to hotmail
You have company: http://windowslivehelp.com/community/t/40330.aspx

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

roger.borchers wrote:
> I would like to be able to attach photos to my hotmail email message
> like I formerly was able .... by clicking on attach and pulling down
> "photo" from the choices ... photo or file. This resulted in a box with
> thumbnail images of the photos in a folder I had chosen.
> My option now available in hotmail simply allows me to browse for a
> file to download, so if I want to attach 10 photos I have to choose each
> separately and the download is very much slower than it was with the
> other arrangement.
> I looked on another desktop computer I have and I'm guessing I need
> download Microsoft Photo Upload Control on my laptop (Windows Vista).
> My desktop uses Windows XP. However, my laptop used to work fine with
> how I like to attach photos. I don't know if I updated some software
> that made the difference or what. I recently started using Mozilla
> Firefox, also.
> I can't remember if the photo attachment problem existed before Firefox
> was used or not.

kislander

Re: attaching photos to hotmail

I'm trying to sort the same thing: since loading Firefox my photos won't
attach in hotmail. I'm using Windows XP.
I'm new to this forum so I'd appreciate help in finding replies to
these q's.
Keith

--
kislander
kislander's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95285.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

cortez

"kislander" <kislander.3rhgrb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to sort the same thing: since loading Firefox my photos won't
> attach in hotmail. I'm using Windows XP.
> I'm new to this forum so I'd appreciate help in finding replies to
> these q's.
> Keith
>

> --
> kislander
> kislander's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95285.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...il/1161185.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Gary VanderMolen

Re: attaching photos to hotmail
This newsgroup is dedicated to the Windows Mail program.
If you are running Windows XP, then you're not using Windows Mail.
Please identify the exact name of your email program.
Hotmail-specific questions should be posted here:
http://windowslivehelp.com

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"kislander" <kislander.3rhgrb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:kislander.3rhgrb@DoNotSpam.com...

> I'm trying to sort the same thing: since loading Firefox my photos won't
> attach in hotmail. I'm using Windows XP.
> I'm new to this forum so I'd appreciate help in finding replies to
> these q's.
> Keith
>

> --
> kislander
> kislander's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95285.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...il/1161185.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

cinderella

RE: attaching photos to hotmail
I am having the same problem. Is there a solution? I don't see an answer to
this question?

"roger.borchers" wrote:

> I would like to be able to attach photos to my hotmail email message
> like I formerly was able .... by clicking on attach and pulling down
> "photo" from the choices ... photo or file. This resulted in a box with
> thumbnail images of the photos in a folder I had chosen.
> My option now available in hotmail simply allows me to browse for a
> file to download, so if I want to attach 10 photos I have to choose each
> separately and the download is very much slower than it was with the
> other arrangement.
> I looked on another desktop computer I have and I'm guessing I need
> download Microsoft Photo Upload Control on my laptop (Windows Vista).
> My desktop uses Windows XP. However, my laptop used to work fine with
> how I like to attach photos. I don't know if I updated some software
> that made the difference or what. I recently started using Mozilla
> Firefox, also.
> I can't remember if the photo attachment problem existed before Firefox
> was used or not.

> roger.borchers

Dave

Re: attaching photos to hotmail
This group is for the Windows Mail program,
Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked
at http://windowslivehelp.com/

--
Windows 7 RC
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview