Windows Mail Email Address

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

JTW

Windows Mail Email Address
HBoy am I confused! I have used MSN "Hotmail.com" email account for years.
Now I have Vista and I find out Hotmail is not longer supported. That is
just great! I have done the stuff to still use my hotmail account (I think).
However, how do I set up this Windows Live mail account?? When I put in my
email address as xxxxx@hotmail.com I get the error message that Hotmail is no
longer supported. So what what is my email address extension now? I cannot
send pictures out of Photoshop and other problems now that Hotmail is not
supported. Anyone please help me with this great new improvement with the
VISTA OS. JTW

Re: Windows Mail Email Address
You can access your name@hotmail.com account via POP3 in Windows Mail. See
the settings here:
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com...90CA!422.entry

Then use them when creating the account per
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ae0861033.mspx

JTW wrote:
> HBoy am I confused! I have used MSN "Hotmail.com" email account for
> years.
> Now I have Vista and I find out Hotmail is not longer supported. That is
> just great! I have done the stuff to still use my hotmail account (I
> think). However, how do I set up this Windows Live mail account?? When I
> put in my email address as xxxxx@hotmail.com I get the error message that
> Hotmail is no longer supported. So what what is my email address
> extension
> now? I cannot send pictures out of Photoshop and other problems now that
> Hotmail is not supported. Anyone please help me with this great new
> improvement with the VISTA OS. JTW

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Email Address
You're in luck. Microsoft added POP access for Hotmail accounts recently.
To set up a Hotmail POP account in Windows Mail, use these settings:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog...33!49799.entry

Windows Mail's new account wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail addresses.
So, when you enter your email address initially, give it a fake one,
such as me@nohotmail.com. After the account setup is complete, go back
and correct your email address.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You can access your name@hotmail.com account via POP3 in Windows Mail. See
> the settings here:
> http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com...90CA!422.entry
>
> Then use them when creating the account per
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...ae0861033.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> JTW wrote:
> > HBoy am I confused! I have used MSN "Hotmail.com" email account for
> > years.
> > Now I have Vista and I find out Hotmail is not longer supported. That is
> > just great! I have done the stuff to still use my hotmail account (I
> > think). However, how do I set up this Windows Live mail account?? When I
> > put in my email address as xxxxx@hotmail.com I get the error message that
> > Hotmail is no longer supported. So what what is my email address
> > extension
> > now? I cannot send pictures out of Photoshop and other problems now that
> > Hotmail is not supported. Anyone please help me with this great new
> > improvement with the VISTA OS. JTW

JTW

RE: Windows Mail Email Address
Thanks. I hope this helps me set this up.
JTW

"JTW" wrote:

> HBoy am I confused! I have used MSN "Hotmail.com" email account for years.
> Now I have Vista and I find out Hotmail is not longer supported. That is
> just great! I have done the stuff to still use my hotmail account (I think).
> However, how do I set up this Windows Live mail account?? When I put in my
> email address as xxxxx@hotmail.com I get the error message that Hotmail is no
> longer supported. So what what is my email address extension now? I cannot
> send pictures out of Photoshop and other problems now that Hotmail is not
> supported. Anyone please help me with this great new improvement with the
> VISTA OS. JTW

JTW

Re: Windows Mail Email Address
Thanks for the reply.
I will give this a try too.
JTW

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> You're in luck. Microsoft added POP access for Hotmail accounts recently.
> To set up a Hotmail POP account in Windows Mail, use these settings:
> http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog...33!49799.entry
>
> Windows Mail's new account wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail addresses.
> So, when you enter your email address initially, give it a fake one,
> such as me@nohotmail.com. After the account setup is complete, go back
> and correct your email address.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "JTW" <JTW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F484C2A-A460-4DC5-9F87-9D1B0EAB1832@microsoft.com...
> > HBoy am I confused! I have used MSN "Hotmail.com" email account for years.
> > Now I have Vista and I find out Hotmail is not longer supported. That is
> > just great! I have done the stuff to still use my hotmail account (I think).
> > However, how do I set up this Windows Live mail account?? When I put in my
> > email address as xxxxx@hotmail.com I get the error message that Hotmail is no
> > longer supported. So what what is my email address extension now? I cannot
> > send pictures out of Photoshop and other problems now that Hotmail is not
> > supported. Anyone please help me with this great new improvement with the
> > VISTA OS. JTW

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Email Address
You're very welcome.