Windows email login screen - can't login

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Horseshoe601

Windows email login screen - can't login
When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user name
and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This started
by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob
robert

RE: Windows email login screen - can't login

"Horseshoe601" wrote:

> When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user name
> and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This started
> by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows email login screen - can't login
If you are sure you are you are entering the correct username and
password, one possible cause for that error is account corruption.
One thing you should try as a quick fix is to delete that corrupted
mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Horseshoe601" <Horseshoe601@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CF02E4C-7602-4223-9F9C-74A2FC739C62@microsoft.com...
> When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user name
> and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This started
> by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

DKR

Re: Windows email login screen - can't login
I just set up my new computer and am having the same problem. I even tried
different passwords. Now I can't even connect to windows mail to receive
new e-mails. HELP!

"Horseshoe601" <Horseshoe601@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user
> name
> and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This
> started
> by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows email login screen - can't login
I don't understand why you would try different passwords. Either you
know the correct password or you don't.
Try logging in to your provider's webmail with that password. Does
that work? If you're not sure you have the correct username and password,
call your mail service provider.

--

"DKR" <drufner@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23q6H4ekuJHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I just set up my new computer and am having the same problem. I even tried
> different passwords. Now I can't even connect to windows mail to receive
> new e-mails. HELP!
>
> "Horseshoe601" <Horseshoe601@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user
>> name
>> and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This
>> started
>> by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

kdme

Re: Windows email login screen - can't login
Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same issue. What
worked for you?

"DKR" wrote:

> I just set up my new computer and am having the same problem. I even tried
> different passwords. Now I can't even connect to windows mail to receive
> new e-mails. HELP!
>
> "Horseshoe601" <Horseshoe601@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user
> > name
> > and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This
> > started
> > by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

Patricia Marsden

Re: Windows email login screen - can't login
I found that the user name and password have to be the actual id you are in.
For example if you have 2 or 3 id's make sure you are entering the specific
id for the email login that you are using. Anyway, that cleared up my
problem.
"kdme" <kdme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same issue.
> What
> worked for you?
>
> "DKR" wrote:
>
>> I just set up my new computer and am having the same problem. I even
>> tried
>> different passwords. Now I can't even connect to windows mail to receive
>> new e-mails. HELP!
>>
>> "Horseshoe601" <Horseshoe601@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When opening Windows Mail the login pop-up window keeps asking for user
>> > name
>> > and password. It doesn't stop, even when correct data entered. This
>> > started
>> > by itself - does anyone have a solution? thx bob

abel d