Scan to mail problems

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

krazeegal

Scan to mail problems

I am trying to scan to outlook 2007 from Lexmark F4270 - i receive the
following message and cannot find any way to set the mailto protocol -
the option to change any options does not exist.
I have searched many forums but have hit a wall - if anyone can help i
would really appreciate it.
I have downloaded and installed the vista drivers for the printer and
all works except for this scan to outlook error which is:

THE COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT IS NOT VALID. VERIFY THE SWITCH YOU ARE
USING.

--
krazeegal
dan

RE: Scan to mail problems

"krazeegal" wrote:

> I am trying to scan to outlook 2007 from Lexmark F4270 - i receive the
> following message and cannot find any way to set the mailto protocol -
> the option to change any options does not exist.
> I have searched many forums but have hit a wall - if anyone can help i
> would really appreciate it.
> I have downloaded and installed the vista drivers for the printer and
> all works except for this scan to outlook error which is:
>
> THE COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT IS NOT VALID. VERIFY THE SWITCH YOU ARE
> USING.
>

> --
> krazeegal

dan

RE: Scan to mail problems
I have HP J6450 printer and when I couldn't scan to e-mail I did some digging
and found that you can't scan to Windows Mail directly. You need to scan to
file and then attach the file to your mail.OutlookExpress didn't have that
issue.

"krazeegal" wrote:

> I am trying to scan to outlook 2007 from Lexmark F4270 - i receive the
> following message and cannot find any way to set the mailto protocol -
> the option to change any options does not exist.
> I have searched many forums but have hit a wall - if anyone can help i
> would really appreciate it.
> I have downloaded and installed the vista drivers for the printer and
> all works except for this scan to outlook error which is:
>
> THE COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT IS NOT VALID. VERIFY THE SWITCH YOU ARE
> USING.
>

> --
> krazeegal

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Scan to mail problems
It's caused by a failure of the printer manufacturer to update the driver for Vista.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"dan" <dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CFB2ACA-8D39-4F01-BB35-17212FB7E465@microsoft.com...
>I have HP J6450 printer and when I couldn't scan to e-mail I did some digging
> and found that you can't scan to Windows Mail directly. You need to scan to
> file and then attach the file to your mail.OutlookExpress didn't have that
> issue.
>
> "krazeegal" wrote:
>

>> I am trying to scan to outlook 2007 from Lexmark F4270 - i receive the
>> following message and cannot find any way to set the mailto protocol -
>> the option to change any options does not exist.
>> I have searched many forums but have hit a wall - if anyone can help i
>> would really appreciate it.
>> I have downloaded and installed the vista drivers for the printer and
>> all works except for this scan to outlook error which is:
>>
>> THE COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT IS NOT VALID. VERIFY THE SWITCH YOU ARE
>> USING.
>>

>> --
>> krazeegal

Rich/rerat

Re: Scan to mail problems
krazeegal,
1. Did you install the scanning software for this product, such as an OCR
program? Installing the print driver may not be enough.
2. As per these instructions by Lexmark, you do not scan directly into a mail
program, but attach an image or a document file to an email message, of the item
scanned.
http://www.lexmark.com/publications/.../frameset.html

The Lexmark F4270 Fax/Scan/Printer, is the UK version of the US version Lexmark
X4270.

Lexmark Tools for Office:
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...6_0_en,00.html
There is a download from the US site, that is not listed on the UK site, for a
compatibility package for Office2007 products. I do not know if it will work
with your UK model of the machine.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule>

"krazeegal" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

I am trying to scan to outlook 2007 from Lexmark F4270 - i receive the
following message and cannot find any way to set the mailto protocol -
the option to change any options does not exist.
I have searched many forums but have hit a wall - if anyone can help i
would really appreciate it.
I have downloaded and installed the vista drivers for the printer and
all works except for this scan to outlook error which is:

THE COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT IS NOT VALID. VERIFY THE SWITCH YOU ARE
USING.

--
krazeegal0

krazeegal

Re: Scan to mail problems

Rich
Thank you for reply - have downloaded what i could from Lexmark site -
will uninstall and reinstall - maybe i missed an instruction re
scanning.
I have downloaded the tools for office as well and will install that
and see if that helps.
Krazeegal

--
krazeegal