Clipart Question

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Frank Parmelee

Clipart Question
Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when Insert/Picture is
is clicked?

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Clipart Question
No.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:38D3BF7F-3E8F-4455-94BA-84E18F44D731@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when Insert/Picture is
> is clicked?
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA

Frank Parmelee

Re: Clipart Question
Darn!

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee
"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
No.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when Insert/Picture
> is
> is clicked?
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA

Steve Cochran

Re: Clipart Question
The file type has to be compatible with HTML. So you can convert any
clipart to jpg or gif format and then you can insert it.

steve

> Darn!
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA
> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> No.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when Insert/Picture
>> is
>> is clicked?
>>
>> --
>> Make a Great Day
>> Frank Parmelee
>> USA

Frank Parmelee

Re: Clipart Question
Thanks Steve. While composing in Outlook and you click Insert/Pictures and
clipart is a choice. I am wondering why it is not in Windows Mail and how
can it be made possible. According to Gary VanderMolen [above] it is not
possible.

If someone knows a way or a workaround I would appreciate it.

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee
"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> The file type has to be compatible with HTML. So you can convert any
> clipart to jpg or gif format and then you can insert it.
>
> steve
>
> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Darn!
>>
>> --
>> Make a Great Day
>> Frank Parmelee
>> USA
>> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> No.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when
>>> Insert/Picture is
>>> is clicked?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Make a Great Day
>>> Frank Parmelee
>>> USA

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Clipart Question
I didn't say 'not possible', I just meant that particular feature
is not built in to Windows Mail.
The workaround would be something like this:
Create a Clipart folder under C:\Users\username\Pictures\.
Populate it with free clipart images (widely available for download).
Then, when composing an email in Windows Mail, click Insert, Picture,
and navigate to that Clipart folder.
--

"Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eK5RVcxoJHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Steve. While composing in Outlook and you click Insert/Pictures and
> clipart is a choice. I am wondering why it is not in Windows Mail and how
> can it be made possible. According to Gary VanderMolen [above] it is not
> possible.
>
> If someone knows a way or a workaround I would appreciate it.
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA
> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>> The file type has to be compatible with HTML. So you can convert any
>> clipart to jpg or gif format and then you can insert it.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> Darn!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Make a Great Day
>>> Frank Parmelee
>>> USA
>>> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> No.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Steve Cochran

Re: Clipart Question
Office uses a special format for its clipart that is not recognized via HTML
and OE uses HTML to display its images, so OE cannot use the clipart from
Office in its current form, which is why I suggested converting it to jpg or
gif.

steve

"Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Thanks Steve. While composing in Outlook and you click Insert/Pictures and
> clipart is a choice. I am wondering why it is not in Windows Mail and how
> can it be made possible. According to Gary VanderMolen [above] it is not
> possible.
>
> If someone knows a way or a workaround I would appreciate it.
>
> --
> Make a Great Day
> Frank Parmelee
> USA
> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>> The file type has to be compatible with HTML. So you can convert any
>> clipart to jpg or gif format and then you can insert it.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> Darn!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Make a Great Day
>>> Frank Parmelee
>>> USA
>>> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> No.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Frank Parmelee

Re: Clipart Question
Thanks Steve, that is an answer I can understand.

--
> Office uses a special format for its clipart that is not recognized via
> HTML and OE uses HTML to display its images, so OE cannot use the clipart
> from Office in its current form, which is why I suggested converting it to
> jpg or gif.
>
> steve
>
> "Frank Parmelee" <parmelee9512@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks Steve. While composing in Outlook and you click Insert/Pictures
>> and clipart is a choice. I am wondering why it is not in Windows Mail and
>> how can it be made possible. According to Gary VanderMolen [above] it is
>> not possible.
>>
>> If someone knows a way or a workaround I would appreciate it.
>>
>> --
>> Make a Great Day
>> Frank Parmelee
>> USA
>> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>>> The file type has to be compatible with HTML. So you can convert any
>>> clipart to jpg or gif format and then you can insert it.
>>>
>>> steve

suresh kumar

Windows mail & clipart
The issue regarding the cliparts being not getting incorporated in your E-mail.

As this is a by-design issue, there would be nothing much we can do from our end to make the clip art to get incorporated in the E-mail

Posted as a reply to:

Clipart Question
11-Mar-09

Is there a way to get Windows Mail to suggest Clipart when Insert/Picture is
is clicked?

--
Make a Great Day
Frank Parmelee
USA

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx