Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Xeon Corporatio

Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account

I can't send E-mails from my GMX account in Windows Mail but i can
reseve them. PLEASE HELP!
Servers

Server Type:IMAP
IMAP:imap.gmx.com
SMTP:mail.gmx.com
Log on using clear text authentication (check marked)
My server requires authentication (check marked)

(Outgoing mail) SMTP:25
(Incoming mail) IMAP:143
server timeouts 1 minute

Xeon Corporatio
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account
Error message when you try to send?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Xeon Corporatio" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I can't send E-mails from my GMX account in Windows Mail but i can
> reseve them. PLEASE HELP!
> ================================================== =====
> Servers
>
> Server Type:IMAP
> IMAP:imap.gmx.com
> SMTP:mail.gmx.com
> Log on using clear text authentication (check marked)
> My server requires authentication (check marked)
> ================================================== =====
>
> (Outgoing mail) SMTP:25
> (Incoming mail) IMAP:143
> server timeouts 1 minute
> ================================================== =====
>

> --
> Xeon Corporatio

Xeon Corporatio

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account

ya it says
Tasks
send 1 message (s) using "Gmx (benn..." Failed
move sent message(s) on "sent items" f Failed
Errors
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity.
Subject ''
Server: 'mail.gmx.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

--
Xeon Corporatio
Xeon Corporatio

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account

'GMX - Free E-Mail - Webmail & POP3, IMAP' (http://mail-us.gmx.com)/

--
Xeon Corporatio
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account
"Unexpected" termination is almost always caused by interference from an
antivirus program. Are you using one? If yes, whose? At a minimum, email
scanning in the antivirus application must be turned off; this may not be
enough to eliminate the problem, however. In a worst case scenario, your
antivirus application may need to be uninstalled, then re-installed without
any email scanning features.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons explained
here:

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-Mail
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
Disable virus scanner integration?
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3
Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software.

If the issue refuses to resolve, consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail,
its less prone to issues caused by overly intrusive antivirus email
scanners:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Hal
--

> ya it says
> Tasks
> send 1 message (s) using "Gmx (benn..." Failed
> move sent message(s) on "sent items" f Failed
> Errors
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
> Subject ''
> Server: 'mail.gmx.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
>

> --
> Xeon Corporatio

Xeon Corporatio

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account

I have TrendMicro Internet Security and I am pretty sure I can turn the
feature off

--
Xeon Corporatio
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Can't send an E-mail From GMX IMAP Account
Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then try
Windows Mail again. If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of the antivirus.

Another option (instead of uninstalling Trend Micro) is to upgrade to
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of
overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the reason
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Xeon Corporatio" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:ff2194865277f381c882af5ed4d83d59@nntp-gateway.com...

> I have TrendMicro Internet Security and I am pretty sure I can turn the
> feature off
>

> --
> Xeon Corporatio

Robert Wolfe

Xeon Corporatio wrote:
> I have TrendMicro Internet Security and I am pretty sure I can turn the
> feature off

Have you tried contacting GMX about this?