set associations control panel

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

merrriwapomwa

set associations control panel

i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
create an association in the set asociations control panel.
you help appreciated

--
merrriwapomwa
Brink

Re: set associations control panel

merrriwapomwa;973742 Wrote:
> i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
> does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
> create an association in the set asociations control panel.
> you help appreciated

Hello Merrriwapomwa,

In Default Programs, check to make sure that Internet Explorer is set
as the default program with all of it's associations set to it as well.
This tutorial will help show you how to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83...ociations.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
merrriwapomwa

Re: set associations control panel

many thanx

merrriwapomwa;973837 Wrote:
> many thanx

You're welcome Merrriwapomwa.

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
chitown

"merrriwapomwa" wrote:

> i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
> does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
> create an association in the set asociations control panel.
> you help appreciated
>

> --
> merrriwapomwa

chitown

RE: set associations control panel
can you tell me also how to get links like below and how to set associations

"merrriwapomwa" wrote:

> i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
> does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
> create an association in the set asociations control panel.
> you help appreciated
>

> --
> merrriwapomwa

Brink

Re: set associations control panel

Hello Chitown,

If you have the same problem, then you might see if the same solution
posted above may help you as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-mail/2...tml#post973812

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
nish

"chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "merrriwapomwa" wrote:
>

>> i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
>> does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
>> create an association in the set asociations control panel.
>> you help appreciated
>>

>> --
>> merrriwapomwa

Sherri Casteel

RE: set associations control panel
where is the associations control panel

"merrriwapomwa" wrote:

> i am unable to open links in my emails, the error i get is: this file
> does not havea program associated with it for performing this action
> create an association in the set asociations control panel.
> you help appreciated
>

> --
> merrriwapomwa

Gary VanderMolen

Re: set associations control panel
That function is available under the Default Programs applet, which
you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel.

However, that error message is often misleading. Tell us what you
are trying to do when that error message appears.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)