"New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Ken Triebold

"New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
In my Windows Mail, when I open the contacts folder, the option in the
toolbar for "New Contact" is missing. I can see Organize, Views, and Burn,
but not New Contact. New Contact used to be there, but it disappeared
recently. How do I get "New Contact" to reappear on the toolbar of the
contacts folder?

mac

Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar

"Ken Triebold" <xpres@gnu.com> wrote in message
> In my Windows Mail, when I open the contacts folder, the option in the
> toolbar for "New Contact" is missing. I can see Organize, Views, and Burn,
> but not New Contact. New Contact used to be there, but it disappeared
> recently. How do I get "New Contact" to reappear on the toolbar of the
> contacts folder?

Your Contacts folder template is set to Music.

Open the Contacts folder>right click on a blank area in the
folder>customise>from the drop down select Contacts.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Ken Triebold

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "Ken Triebold" <xpres@gnu.com> wrote in message
>> In my Windows Mail, when I open the contacts folder, the option in the
>> toolbar for "New Contact" is missing. I can see Organize, Views, and
>> Burn, but not New Contact. New Contact used to be there, but it
>> disappeared recently. How do I get "New Contact" to reappear on the
>> toolbar of the contacts folder?

> Your Contacts folder template is set to Music.
>
> Open the Contacts folder>right click on a blank area in the
> folder>customise>from the drop down select Contacts.
>

> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/

Thanks. That worked!

Dave

Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
(boilerplate reply).....

When you have the Contacts folder open, you should have a button on the
toolbar for "New Contact", "New Contact Group", Import" and "Export". If
you don't see these buttons, the folder template got changed, as it
sometimes does...

Right-click on a blank area of the right pane, and select "Customize this
folder".
In the pull-down box, select "Contacts"
OK

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> Thanks. That worked!

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Kubasaki

Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar

I may be suffering from old age but I thought I had a NEW CONTACT icon
on my Windows Mail Toolbar. I no longer have that feature, but I did
find that if I click on the CONTACT icon the window that opens does have
that feature. I can live with this now that I know the pathway.

--
Kubasaki
Gary VanderMolen

Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
If the toolbar in Contacts doesn't have its normal icons,
then the folder type for Contacts is incorrect. Try this:
Open Windows Contacts. Right-click somewhere in that
empty white space to the far right. Select Customize This Folder,
click the little triangle, and from the dropdown list select Contacts,
then click OK.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Kubasaki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:bd014d2ed6d42df45469c2af01ed254a@nntp-gateway.com...

> I may be suffering from old age but I thought I had a NEW CONTACT icon
> on my Windows Mail Toolbar. I no longer have that feature, but I did
> find that if I click on the CONTACT icon the window that opens does have
> that feature. I can live with this now that I know the pathway.
>

> --
> Kubasaki

MV94941 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
If the toolbar in Contacts doesn't have its normal icons,
then the folder type for Contacts is incorrect. Try this:
Open Windows Contacts. Right-click somewhere in that
empty white space to the far right. Select Customize This Folder,
click the little triangle, and from the dropdown list select Contacts,
then click OK.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Kubasaki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:bd014d2ed6d42df45469c2af01ed254a@nntp-gateway.com...

> I may be suffering from old age but I thought I had a NEW CONTACT icon
> on my Windows Mail Toolbar. I no longer have that feature, but I did
> find that if I click on the CONTACT icon the window that opens does have
> that feature. I can live with this now that I know the pathway.
>

> --
> Kubasaki
Same problem but there is no pull down option in the General tab (only tab) Contact is in the form field but there is nothing that gives me an option to change anything.

thnks in advance!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
I don't understand why you are on the General tab, or any tab
for that matter. That wasn't part of the instructions.

--

"MV94941" <MV94941.3p69ch@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:MV94941.3p69ch@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Gary VanderMolen;1182727 Wrote:
>> If the toolbar in Contacts doesn't have its normal icons,
>> then the folder type for Contacts is incorrect. Try this:
>> Open Windows Contacts. Right-click somewhere in that
>> empty white space to the far right. Select Customize This Folder,
>> click the little triangle, and from the dropdown list select Contacts,
>> then click OK.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "Kubasaki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I may be suffering from old age but I thought I had a NEW CONTACT

>> icon
>> > on my Windows Mail Toolbar. I no longer have that feature, but I did
>> > find that if I click on the CONTACT icon the window that opens does

>> have
>> > that feature. I can live with this now that I know the pathway.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Kubasaki

> Same problem but there is no pull down option in the General tab (only
> tab) Contact is in the form field but there is nothing that gives me an
> option to change anything.
>
> thnks in advance!
>

> --
> MV94941

MV94941 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: "New Contact" Does not Appear in Contacts Folder Toolbar
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

Ont the contrary I followed the instructions perfectly. Right clicked > Customize this Folder and window with General tab appeared. See attached screenshot - contact.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
I don't understand why you are on the General tab, or any tab
for that matter. That wasn't part of the instructions.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"MV94941" <MV94941.3p69ch@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:MV94941.3p69ch@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Gary VanderMolen;1182727 Wrote:
>> If the toolbar in Contacts doesn't have its normal icons,
>> then the folder type for Contacts is incorrect. Try this:
>> Open Windows Contacts. Right-click somewhere in that
>> empty white space to the far right. Select Customize This Folder,
>> click the little triangle, and from the dropdown list select Contacts,
>> then click OK.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "Kubasaki" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I may be suffering from old age but I thought I had a NEW CONTACT

>> icon
>> > on my Windows Mail Toolbar. I no longer have that feature, but I did
>> > find that if I click on the CONTACT icon the window that opens does

>> have
>> > that feature. I can live with this now that I know the pathway.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Kubasaki

> Same problem but there is no pull down option in the General tab (only
> tab) Contact is in the form field but there is nothing that gives me an
> option to change anything.
>
> thnks in advance!
>

> --
> MV94941

Attached Images
File Type: jpg contact.jpg (25.5 KB, 1 views)