new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

thank you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.

Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?

Thanks
t-4-2

Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
Open WLM > Tools >Accounts > Properties > Advance , under " Delivery ", put
a checkmark on " Leave a copy of messages on server.
t-4-2

"thank you" <thank.you.3lubc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and
> doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.
>
> Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it
> by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> thank you

thank you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Open WLM > Tools >Accounts > Properties > Advance , under " Delivery ", put
a checkmark on " Leave a copy of messages on server.
t-4-2

"thank you" <thank.you.3lubc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and
> doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.
>
> Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it
> by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> thank you

Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos, messenger etc?

TY

"thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> t-4-2;1131930 Wrote:
>> Open WLM > Tools >Accounts > Properties > Advance , under " Delivery ",
>> put
>> a checkmark on " Leave a copy of messages on server.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lubc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and
>> > doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.
>> >
>> > Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it
>> > by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

> Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
> 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
> tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
> live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos, messenger
> etc?
>
> TY
>

> --
> thank you

It's the same on 12 version and 14 version.
TOOLS is on the menubar where FILE, EDIE, VIEW etc are located.
Perhaps your menubar is " hidden " ?
If so, click ORGANIZE > Folder and Search options > Use Windows Classic
Folders > OK

thank you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
"thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> t-4-2;1131930 Wrote:
>> Open WLM > Tools >Accounts > Properties > Advance , under " Delivery ",
>> put
>> a checkmark on " Leave a copy of messages on server.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lubc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and
>> > doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.
>> >
>> > Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it
>> > by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

> Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
> 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
> tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
> live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos, messenger
> etc?
>
> TY
>

> --
> thank you

It's the same on 12 version and 14 version.
TOOLS is on the menubar where FILE, EDIE, VIEW etc are located.
Perhaps your menubar is " hidden " ?
If so, click ORGANIZE > Folder and Search options > Use Windows Classic
Folders > OK
Sorry, not there at all. have the advanced tab and here is what it has on it!?

TY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (61.9 KB, 1 views)
Dave

Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
You may be looking at Tools - Options.... instead of Tools - Accounts -
youraccount -Properties - Advanced

"thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> t-4-2;1131930 Wrote:
>> Open WLM > Tools >Accounts > Properties > Advance , under " Delivery ",
>> put
>> a checkmark on " Leave a copy of messages on server.
>> t-4-2
>>
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lubc5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > The new live mail does not leave a copy of the mail on the server and
>> > doesn't have an oprion in the advanced tab.
>> >
>> > Is there any way of doing this that anyone knows of? It doesn't do it
>> > by default as I tried looking on my webmail and another client?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

> Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
> 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
> tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
> live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos, messenger
> etc?
>
> TY
>

> --
> thank you

t-4-2

Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
Cannot open your screen capture.
What OS (operating system) your machine is running ?
What mail program are we talking about ? Windows Mail ? Windows Live Mail ?
t-4-2

"thank you" <thank.you.3luywc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> t-4-2;1132146 Wrote:
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message

>> ",

>> and

>> it

>> > Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
>> > 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
>> > tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
>> > live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos,

>> messenger
>> > etc?
>> >
>> > TY
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

>> It's the same on 12 version and 14 version.
>> TOOLS is on the menubar where FILE, EDIE, VIEW etc are located.
>> Perhaps your menubar is " hidden " ?
>> If so, click ORGANIZE > Folder and Search options > Use Windows Classic
>> Folders > OK

> Sorry, not there at all. have the advanced tab and here is what it has
> on it!?
>
> TY

thank you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
Cannot open your screen capture.
What OS (operating system) your machine is running ?
What mail program are we talking about ? Windows Mail ? Windows Live Mail ?
t-4-2

"thank you" <thank.you.3luywc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> t-4-2;1132146 Wrote:
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message

>> ",

>> and

>> it

>> > Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
>> > 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
>> > tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
>> > live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos,
>> messenger
>> > etc?
>> >
>> > TY
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

>> It's the same on 12 version and 14 version.
>> TOOLS is on the menubar where FILE, EDIE, VIEW etc are located.
>> Perhaps your menubar is " hidden " ?
>> If so, click ORGANIZE > Folder and Search options > Use Windows Classic
>> Folders > OK

> Sorry, not there at all. have the advanced tab and here is what it has
> on it!?
>
> TY

Windows live mail on beta windows 7. I am not sure how else to explain. Sorry the file won't open. I have uninstalled the live mail and installed thunderbird. I have windows mail on vista, but am trying out the 7 beta
Gary VanderMolen

Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
We can't open your screen shot since access requires membership in
Vistaheads, and most of the responders here don't have that.
Post your screenshot to a non-membership site like http://tinypic.com.

By any chance, does that mail account use IMAP instead of POP3?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"thank you" <thank.you.3luywc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:thank.you.3luywc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> t-4-2;1132146 Wrote:
>> "thank you" <thank.you.3lul0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message

>> ",

>> and

>> it

>> > Thanks for the answer, but this option no longer appears under
>> > 'advanced'. I am maybe doing something wrong, but I can't even find
>> > tools any more on the live mail software. Are we speaking about the
>> > live mail that is downloaded with the new movie maker, photos,

>> messenger
>> > etc?
>> >
>> > TY
>> >

>> > --
>> > thank you
>> >

>> It's the same on 12 version and 14 version.
>> TOOLS is on the menubar where FILE, EDIE, VIEW etc are located.
>> Perhaps your menubar is " hidden " ?
>> If so, click ORGANIZE > Folder and Search options > Use Windows Classic
>> Folders > OK

> Sorry, not there at all. have the advanced tab and here is what it has
> on it!?
>
> TY

thank you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: new windows live mail doesn't leave copy of mail on server
No it is not IMAP it is POP3 .

I tried to uploda the picture

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
We can't open your screen shot since access requires membership in
Vistaheads, and most of the responders here don't have that.
Post your screenshot to a non-membership site like TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting.