can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

wendym

can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?
DL

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
Outlook Express is not available in Vista
Outlook is supported in the Outlook groups, it is part of Office & not a
Vista component
When you post to the corrrect group be sure to state your version of Outlook
and the type of mail account, eg pop / imap or?

"wendym" <wendym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
> deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
> delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
> emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

JohnnyTrouble

RE: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

--
JohnnyTrouble

"wendym" wrote:

> I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
> deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
> delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
> emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
Download/install this hotfix & all should be well:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090

PS: You're running Windows Mail in Vista, not Outlook Express.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

wendym wrote:
> I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
> deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
> delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
> emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

wendym

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

Thanks for the link, but that's not the problem. I delete out of the inbox
and then try to delete out of the deleted items folder to empty it and it
won't empty. The email will also reappear back in the inbox, but with an
error message on it that makes it unreadable.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Download/install this hotfix & all should be well:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090
>
> PS: You're running Windows Mail in Vista, not Outlook Express.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> wendym wrote:
> > I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
> > deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
> > delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
> > emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
KB941090 addresses lots of other bugs. Have you installed it yet?

wendym wrote:
> Thanks for the link, but that's not the problem. I delete out of the
> inbox
> and then try to delete out of the deleted items folder to empty it and it
> won't empty. The email will also reappear back in the inbox, but with an
> error message on it that makes it unreadable.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Download/install this hotfix & all should be well:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090
>>
>> PS: You're running Windows Mail in Vista, not Outlook Express.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> wendym wrote:
>>> I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty
>>> my
>>> deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
>>> delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all
>>> the
>>> emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
Although KB941090 only mentions Outbox, in fact it works for all
mail folders. If no improvement, I suggest you upgrade to Windows
Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"wendym" <wendym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7815B700-9E0B-4BFF-A87D-0215DD4E27B4@microsoft.com...

> Thanks for the link, but that's not the problem. I delete out of the inbox
> and then try to delete out of the deleted items folder to empty it and it
> won't empty. The email will also reappear back in the inbox, but with an
> error message on it that makes it unreadable.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Download/install this hotfix & all should be well:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090
>>
>> PS: You're running Windows Mail in Vista, not Outlook Express.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> wendym wrote:
>> > I have been having a problem for some time that won't allow me to empty my
>> > deleted items folder in outlook express with Vista. Help! Also when I
>> > delete out of my inbox and close outlook, upon reopening outlook, all the
>> > emails come back again. Is there a solution to this?

wendym

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook
I downloased the KB941090 and tried both versions....both said they didn't
apply to my system. Now what!