SKY EMAIL

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

waynemoggie

SKY EMAIL
Please help! My sky email was working fine up until this mornign in windows
live- now im getting... error 8000ccc92, asking me for my password and
username?? I enter the right ones and it wont accept them!
I went onto the skyuser site to see how to configure a new account, and ive
done that, and now im getting errors!
Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Web login required
(Failure)"
Can anyone explain step by step what I need to do to get it to work? Thanks!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: SKY EMAIL
If you are sure you are you are entering the correct username and
password, one possible cause for that error is account corruption.
One thing you should try as a quick fix is to delete that corrupted
mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"waynemoggie" <waynemoggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6D602ED-7179-4ACE-94EA-A0EE98076FE1@microsoft.com...
> Please help! My sky email was working fine up until this mornign in windows
> live- now im getting... error 8000ccc92, asking me for my password and
> username?? I enter the right ones and it wont accept them!
> I went onto the skyuser site to see how to configure a new account, and ive
> done that, and now im getting errors!
> Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Web login required
> (Failure)"
> Can anyone explain step by step what I need to do to get it to work? Thanks!

Rob

Re: SKY EMAIL
I am receiving this same error and I use Google e-mail. If you go to some
other threads under Windows Mail, it appears other individuals are having the
same issue and are reporting it as of today's date.. I think it is Windows
Mail issue.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> If you are sure you are you are entering the correct username and
> password, one possible cause for that error is account corruption.
> One thing you should try as a quick fix is to delete that corrupted
> mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.
>
> If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
> Which antivirus are you running?
> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>
> If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
> consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
> suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "waynemoggie" <waynemoggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6D602ED-7179-4ACE-94EA-A0EE98076FE1@microsoft.com...
> > Please help! My sky email was working fine up until this mornign in windows
> > live- now im getting... error 8000ccc92, asking me for my password and
> > username?? I enter the right ones and it wont accept them!
> > I went onto the skyuser site to see how to configure a new account, and ive
> > done that, and now im getting errors!
> > Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Web login required
> > (Failure)"
> > Can anyone explain step by step what I need to do to get it to work? Thanks!

Gary VanderMolen

Re: SKY EMAIL
We would need to see your exact error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

--

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED2E3A87-82BE-4EED-91D7-5D856AFE5536@microsoft.com...
> I am receiving this same error and I use Google e-mail. If you go to some
> other threads under Windows Mail, it appears other individuals are having the
> same issue and are reporting it as of today's date.. I think it is Windows
> Mail issue.

Rob

Re: SKY EMAIL
Gary, thank you for following up. I followed your suggestion and I still had
the problem so I researched it some more. I then went into the Window Mail
account set-up for IMAP, under Servers. For the incoming mail there was a
question for incoming password which was blank. I filled this in and
everything is working fine. What I don't know is if this was always blank or
if something happened to remove this. In either case everything is working
now. I appreciate your help, by following your suggestion it led me to the
new updates which I installed, then I just couldn't resist from continuing
looking for a solution. You just gave me a good reason to continue
researching and not give up. Thanks

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> We would need to see your exact error message.
> Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED2E3A87-82BE-4EED-91D7-5D856AFE5536@microsoft.com...
> > I am receiving this same error and I use Google e-mail. If you go to some
> > other threads under Windows Mail, it appears other individuals are having the
> > same issue and are reporting it as of today's date.. I think it is Windows
> > Mail issue.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: SKY EMAIL
You're very welcome. Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

--

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4713D166-7656-44CB-AFB9-258C3308EBD0@microsoft.com...
> Gary, thank you for following up. I followed your suggestion and I still had
> the problem so I researched it some more. I then went into the Window Mail
> account set-up for IMAP, under Servers. For the incoming mail there was a
> question for incoming password which was blank. I filled this in and
> everything is working fine. What I don't know is if this was always blank or
> if something happened to remove this. In either case everything is working
> now. I appreciate your help, by following your suggestion it led me to the
> new updates which I installed, then I just couldn't resist from continuing
> looking for a solution. You just gave me a good reason to continue
> researching and not give up. Thanks
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> We would need to see your exact error message.
>> Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED2E3A87-82BE-4EED-91D7-5D856AFE5536@microsoft.com...
>> > I am receiving this same error and I use Google e-mail. If you go to some
>> > other threads under Windows Mail, it appears other individuals are having the
>> > same issue and are reporting it as of today's date.. I think it is Windows
>> > Mail issue.

l3igl3ang

Re: SKY EMAIL
I getting these errors as well and there peeing me off! When i first added my
emails to outlook i added 3 aol accounts and 3 gmail accounts and everything
worked good well untill a week ago 2 of the gmails started saying that crap
about wrong login and password so i went to gmail.com logged in just fine so
then i 2x checked my settings against the working one every setting was the
same so just a bit ago i deleted both gmails and reset them up one started
working the other still same problem any ideas what could cause this?

i never had these kinda problems with aol email
Gary VanderMolen

Re: SKY EMAIL
A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption
caused by your antivirus.
One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted

http://download.live.com/wlmail

"l3igl3ang" <l3igl3ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8DBACDB-004D-4883-BB88-5D42996834F8@microsoft.com...
>I getting these errors as well and there peeing me off! When i first added my
> emails to outlook i added 3 aol accounts and 3 gmail accounts and everything
> worked good well untill a week ago 2 of the gmails started saying that crap
> about wrong login and password so i went to gmail.com logged in just fine so
> then i 2x checked my settings against the working one every setting was the
> same so just a bit ago i deleted both gmails and reset them up one started
> working the other still same problem any ideas what could cause this?
>
> i never had these kinda problems with aol email

l3igl3ang

Re: SKY EMAIL
but if it was a antivirus then all my gmails would stop working wouldnt they?
as of right now 2 out of 3 dont work when i posted eariler all 3 of them
worked! they worked for a bit then stoped. And i dont use any antivirus only
thing i have is avast and i turn it off and still no go

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption
> caused by your antivirus.
> One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to delete that corrupted
> mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account.
>
> If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
> Which antivirus are you running?
> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>
> If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem,
> consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to
> suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "l3igl3ang" <l3igl3ang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8DBACDB-004D-4883-BB88-5D42996834F8@microsoft.com...
> >I getting these errors as well and there peeing me off! When i first added my
> > emails to outlook i added 3 aol accounts and 3 gmail accounts and everything
> > worked good well untill a week ago 2 of the gmails started saying that crap
> > about wrong login and password so i went to gmail.com logged in just fine so
> > then i 2x checked my settings against the working one every setting was the
> > same so just a bit ago i deleted both gmails and reset them up one started
> > working the other still same problem any ideas what could cause this?
> >
> > i never had these kinda problems with aol email

Gary VanderMolen

Re: SKY EMAIL
The antivirus can corrupt one email account but not the others.
It's pretty random, like playing Russian Roulette.

Your Avast antivirus was probably installed with its default install option.
If so, uninstall it, then reinstall, but select 'custom' install, which then
allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email scanning module.