Error message with email in my outbox, see below

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

wimrose

Error message with email in my outbox, see below
Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message.
Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

This is the message displayed with the message in my outbox that will not go
out. I cannot delete it or move it and thus cannot send any other emails
out!!

mac

Re: Error message with email in my outbox, see below

"wimrose" <wimrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
> message.
> Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.
>
> This is the message displayed with the message in my outbox that will not
> go
> out. I cannot delete it or move it and thus cannot send any other emails
> out!!

Download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail closed:

Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer
that is running Windows Vista

Although it says for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works for
other folders.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

ΘΟΔΩΡΟΣ ΣΤΥΛΙΑΝΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ

boiuia

Ο "wimrose" <wimrose@discussions.microsoft.com> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
> Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this
> message.
> Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.
>
> This is the message displayed with the message in my outbox that will not
> go
> out. I cannot delete it or move it and thus cannot send any other emails
> out!!

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Error message with email in my outbox, see below
You get the correct server names from your mail service provider.

I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email
address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only,
no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not webmail.
Yahoo's solution is to pay Yahoo to get their premium "Mail Plus" service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...iew/index.html
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have three other
solutions:
* Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
* Get a free Gmail account.
* Get a free Hotmail/Live account, and use it with the Windows Live Mail email program.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"James Brooks" <jbpass48@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:enO28oHaJHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> What are the server names to be entere4d at time of setting up a new e-mail acct? I am getting a message that state 2 errors
> were encountered, incorrect POP3 server name and SMTP server name? How do I get back to the point of entering theswe again?
> JB

James Brooks