Windows Mail Showing Offline Error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

winston5998 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I am getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected but when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box "Would you like to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently available. To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect." There are 2 boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click 'Try Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be fixed so much the better.
I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I did'nt buy the laptop from there.
If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most grateful. Many thanks, Kevin.
mac

Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error

"winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I am
> getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
> connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected but
> when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you like
> to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently available.
> To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
> Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
> boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click 'Try
> Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be fixed
> so much the better.
> I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
> and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I did'nt
> buy the laptop from there.
> If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most grateful.
> Many thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin, this has happened to me a few times in the past week or so, but
not every time I check for mail.

I am with Orange also.

It is not a WM problem that I can put my finger on, just click the try again
button as you do.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail. [DTS] UK.

winston5998 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Thanks Steve for your reply, strange how you are on Orange as well and they don't recognise the error. Maybe theres somebody out there who knows how to fix this for both of us. Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
"winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I am
> getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
> connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected but
> when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you like
> to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently available.
> To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
> Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
> boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click 'Try
> Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be fixed
> so much the better.
> I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
> and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I did'nt
> buy the laptop from there.
> If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most grateful.
> Many thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin, this has happened to me a few times in the past week or so, but
not every time I check for mail.

I am with Orange also.

It is not a WM problem that I can put my finger on, just click the try again
button as you do.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail. [DTS] UK.
Get Safe Online :: Home
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You must either leave that box unselected (in which case WM will use
whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I am
> getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
> connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected but
> when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you like
> to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently available.
> To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
> Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
> boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click 'Try
> Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be fixed
> so much the better.
> I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
> and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I did'nt
> buy the laptop from there.
> If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most grateful.
> Many thanks, Kevin.
>

> --
> winston5998

winston5998 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Thanks Gary for your reply, the box is unselected, if you can help any further I would be grateful.
Regards Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You must either leave that box unselected (in which case WM will use
whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I am
> getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
> connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected but
> when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you like
> to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently available.
> To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
> Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
> boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click 'Try
> Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be fixed
> so much the better.
> I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
> and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I did'nt
> buy the laptop from there.
> If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most grateful.
> Many thanks, Kevin.
>

> --
> winston5998

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
One other place to check, but this is not a likely culprit:
Under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.

If that checks out, I have no clue what could be causing it.
You could try Windows Live Mail to see if it works better:

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--

"winston5998" <winston5998.3kvecg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Gary for your reply, the box is unselected, if you can help any
> further I would be grateful.
> Regards Kevin.
>
> Gary VanderMolen;1112922 Wrote:
>> Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
>> What does it show for connection?
>> You must either leave that box unselected (in which case WM will use
>> whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I

>> am
>> > getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
>> > connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected

>> but
>> > when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you

>> like
>> > to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently

>> available.
>> > To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
>> > Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
>> > boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click

>> 'Try
>> > Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be

>> fixed
>> > so much the better.
>> > I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
>> > and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I

>> did'nt
>> > buy the laptop from there.
>> > If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most

>> grateful.
>> > Many thanks, Kevin.
>> >

>> > --
>> > winston5998

> winston5998

winston5998 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Thanks Gary for coming back on this, the boxes are checked and unchecked. I tried switching to Live Mail but it would'nt allow me to download it because I was "offline" even though I was'nt and would'nt give me the option to go "online". One day I will come across the solution. All the best for Christmas and thanks again for your eforts and if you come across the solution one day please let me know. Regards Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
One other place to check, but this is not a likely culprit:
Under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.

If that checks out, I have no clue what could be causing it.
You could try Windows Live Mail to see if it works better:

Windows Live Mail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"winston5998" <winston5998.3kvecg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Gary for your reply, the box is unselected, if you can help any
> further I would be grateful.
> Regards Kevin.
>
> Gary VanderMolen;1112922 Wrote:
>> Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
>> What does it show for connection?
>> You must either leave that box unselected (in which case WM will use
>> whatever connection IE uses), or else select the Local Area Network.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "winston5998" <winston5998.3ktfkc@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > Hi morning, can anybody help with this error? (if it is an error) I
>> am
>> > getting. I have a wireless connection through my Orange Livebox and
>> > connection to the internet is fine and connection shows as connected
>> but
>> > when I go in to Windows Mail it comes up with the box *"Would you
>> like
>> > to go offline?" "No connection to the Internet is currently
>> available.
>> > To view Internet content that has been saved on your Computer, click
>> > Work Offline. Click 'Try Again' to attempt to connect."* There are 2
>> > boxes to click either 'Work Offline' or 'Try Again'. When I click
>> 'Try
>> > Again' the emails come through. No major problem but if it can be
>> fixed
>> > so much the better.
>> > I contacted Orange Technical Support and they had'nt come accross it
>> > and advised me to contact PC World for some reason even though I
>> did'nt
>> > buy the laptop from there.
>> > If anybody can give advice or how to solve it I would be most
>> grateful.
>> > Many thanks, Kevin.
>> >

>> > --
>> > winston5998

> winston5998

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
You're very welcome, Kevin. I'll let you know if I find any new
solutions for this problem.

Merry Christmas,

"winston5998" <winston5998.3kx4w4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Gary for coming back on this, the boxes are checked and
> unchecked. I tried switching to Live Mail but it would'nt allow me to
> download it because I was "offline" even though I was'nt and would'nt
> give me the option to go "online". One day I will come across the
> solution. All the best for Christmas and thanks again for your eforts
> and if you come across the solution one day please let me know. Regards
> Kevin.
>

> Gary VanderMolen;1113901 Wrote:
>> One other place to check, but this is not a likely culprit:
>> Under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
>> and the second box unchecked.
>>
>> If that checks out, I have no clue what could be causing it.
>> You could try Windows Live Mail to see if it works better:
>>
>> 'Windows Live Mail' (http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview)
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "winston5998" <winston5998.3kvecg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > Thanks Gary for your reply, the box is unselected, if you can help

>> any
>> > further I would be grateful.
>> > Regards Kevin.

>> Connection.

>> in

>> and

>> connected

>> click

>> 2

>> it

> winston5998

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Addendum:
The older Live apps installer often reported that the PC was 'offline', see
http://www.vistax64.com/live-messeng...e-offline.html

I don't know if the latest installer is any better in that regard,
but the latest WLM beta it installs is quite good:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--

"Gary VanderMolen" <Gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:%23eEwcGgZJHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> You're very welcome, Kevin. I'll let you know if I find any new
> solutions for this problem.
>
> Merry Christmas,
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "winston5998" <winston5998.3kx4w4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thanks Gary for coming back on this, the boxes are checked and
>> unchecked. I tried switching to Live Mail but it would'nt allow me to
>> download it because I was "offline" even though I was'nt and would'nt
>> give me the option to go "online". One day I will come across the
>> solution. All the best for Christmas and thanks again for your eforts
>> and if you come across the solution one day please let me know. Regards
>> Kevin.
>>

>> Gary VanderMolen;1113901 Wrote:
>>> One other place to check, but this is not a likely culprit:
>>> Under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
>>> and the second box unchecked.
>>>
>>> If that checks out, I have no clue what could be causing it.
>>> You could try Windows Live Mail to see if it works better:
>>>
>>> 'Windows Live Mail' (http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>>

>>> "winston5998" <winston5998.3kvecg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>>> message

>>> any

>>> Connection.

>>> in

>>> and
>>> connected
>>> click
>>> 2
>>> it

>> winston5998

Katrina

RE: Windows Mail Showing Offline Error
Winston5998,
I too had the same problem but resoved it by doing the
below:
Open WM, go to Tools, then accounts, then select your email account, go to
properties, then to connection. Check the box that says "always connect to
this account using," Local Area Network!

Hope this helps.
Katrina.