Outlook blocks URL links

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Martin Hartley is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Outlook blocks URL links
I use Microftsoft Outlook 2003 for sending and receiving my mail and since buying a new pc loaded with Microsoft Vista Home Premium operating system I now cannot open any url links directly in any mail. I now have to copy and paste the url link address to my Windows Internet Explorer website address line.
When I click the url link in my e-mails I get the following error message:-
'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator'
I presume this is a security default setting to safeguard against allowing all url links, some of which may well be risky. I do not recall setting up an administrator option when I first set up the pc and so far I have been unable to find or reset this feature, if indeed this is the correct way to get round this problem.
Can anyone advise on how to make the changes to allow me to make these url links or is it hazardous to change this security setting.
I didn't have this problem with Windows XP prior to getting the new pc.
Regards,
Martin Hartley
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/register.php?a=act&u=24911&i=9901368
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Outlook blocks URL links
This newsgroup is dedicated to the Windows Mail program.
Outlook problems are better handled in the Outlook newsgroup:
microsoft.public.outlook.general

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)