acces to windows mail from another computer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Jacques LACROIX

acces to windows mail from another computer
Hello, does somebody know if i can read my messages and my addresses book in
windows mail from another computer, when i am abroad in holidays for
example. If not, is it necessary to reinstall windows mail in this other
computer and to import the data but how?
friendly yours, jack

Location: Just outside of Detroit
VistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant futureVistaRookie has a brilliant future
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: acces to windows mail from another computer
As long as you have some kind of internet access
and install your account information into Windows
Mail, the answer is yes. And contact information.

If you were going to use an Internet Cafe or
someone elses computer, it would not be advisable
or wise to install private information and passwords on
another computer. If you are talking about taking your
own laptop, that would be OK. But it isn't real practical.

The best way to read your mail while traveling would be
be to access the webmail account. If this is your
account from your ISP, they have a website that you
would log into. If this is gmail, go to that website, etc
and read your mail online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques LACROIX View Post
Hello, does somebody know if i can read my messages and my addresses book in
windows mail from another computer, when i am abroad in holidays for
example. If not, is it necessary to reinstall windows mail in this other
computer and to import the data but how?
friendly yours, jack

Last edited by VistaRookie : 11-06-2008 at 18:49.
Gary VanderMolen

Re: acces to windows mail from another computer
As VistaRookie says, just use webmail. Before you go on holiday,
be sure to update your webmail address book so it has all the
contacts that are in Windows Mail.

Incidentally, if you upgrade to Windows Live Mail, it will
automatically keep your desktop contacts synchronized with
a 'Live' account, if you wish. Live accounts are accessible both
from the web and from Windows Live Mail.

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)