Uninstall Norton

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

electra

Uninstall Norton
Hi
I have uninstalled B***** Norton but reading answers to other questions
realise that is not enough I went to the site to properly uninstall but it
appeared to me that I needed Norton there to uninstall! I was tired at the
time and might not have read the whole thing properly. How do I wipe IT off
my laptop. I have 1 Care installed.
Also could you please put in the URL again if that is all I need as I get
lost in all the trawls I have been through in the last few days to get onto
page one of the site.
Thanks electra
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Uninstall Norton
"electra" <electra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have uninstalled B***** Norton but reading answers to other questions
> realise that is not enough I went to the site to properly uninstall but it
> appeared to me that I needed Norton there to uninstall! I was tired at the
> time and might not have read the whole thing properly. How do I wipe IT
> off
> my laptop. I have 1 Care installed.
> Also could you please put in the URL again if that is all I need as I get
> lost in all the trawls I have been through in the last few days to get
> onto
> page one of the site.
> Thanks electra

In order to use the Norton remove utility, Norton has to be installed
properly.

Remove 'One Care'..

Re-install Norton..

Go to the Norton website, download and run the 'version appropriate'
utility..

Do not install Norton or One Care..

Go to the Avast website, download and run the free version..

Use in conjunction with the Vista firewall and Windows Defender..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

electra

Re: Uninstall Norton
Thanks Mike
I cannot reinstall as it was a 3 month free trial so I never had a disc
Also I am always worried when I uninstall one anti spyware for another as
are you not vunerable whilst you are in the process.
I have an Acer and I did set up a recovery disk fairly early after purchase
so would it be in there or is that just Acer stuff.
If I took it to my fellow who sold it to me, he is a one man band and has
saved my old IBM and reinstalled stuff a couple of times, when Norton froze
it up, would that be best. As you can tell Stuff can be as tech as I get most
times.
electra

The URL is:

<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039>