Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

window mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
Cornelius Sheppard
 

Posts: n/a
window mail
I am having trouble sending email with microsoft window. I keep getting the
following message.

* The host SMTP could not be found. Please verfy that you have enter the
server name correctly.
Subject 'emailing Pict212[1] account: pop3' server SMTP Protocol: SMTP,
Port:25,
Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Number 0x800CCC0D

* The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the server name correctly.
Account: pop3, Server: pop3, Protocal: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL) : No
socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCCoD


The above message continue to pop up when I attempt to send an email with
microsoft, can you please help me correct this error. Thanks


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
Frenchy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: window mail

"Cornelius Sheppard" <sheppard404@aol.com> wrote in message
news:%23DVbRMDbHHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I am having trouble sending email with microsoft window. I keep getting
>the following message.
>
> * The host SMTP could not be found. Please verfy that you have enter the
> server name correctly.
> Subject 'emailing Pict212[1] account: pop3' server SMTP Protocol:
> SMTP, Port:25,
> Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Number 0x800CCC0D
>
> * The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
> the server name correctly.
> Account: pop3, Server: pop3, Protocal: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL) : No
> socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCCoD
>
>
> The above message continue to pop up when I attempt to send an email with
> microsoft, can you please help me correct this error. Thanks
>


You have not set up your accounts correctly (or you don't have an Internet
connection) but as you are posting here, assume the first.

In Windows Mail, click the TOOLS and then ACCOUNTS and then work through
each of the Tabs.

But first go to your ISP's web site and find the correct settings for POP3
and SMTP and in the ADVANCED Tab if they need you to go in via different
than standard ports. Obviously your username and password have to be
correct as well.

These error messages are just telling you that Mail can't talk to your ISP.

Frenchy


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
Gary VanderMolen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: window mail
As the error message says, you have the wrong server names.

According to your ISP, your incoming mail server is
pop.east.cox.net, and your outgoing mail server is
smtp.east.cox.net.

Gary VanderMolen

"Cornelius Sheppard" <sheppard404@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23DVbRMDbHHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I am having trouble sending email with microsoft window. I keep getting the
> following message.
>
> * The host SMTP could not be found. Please verfy that you have enter the
> server name correctly.
> Subject 'emailing Pict212[1] account: pop3' server SMTP Protocol: SMTP,
> Port:25,
> Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Number 0x800CCC0D
>
> * The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
> the server name correctly.
> Account: pop3, Server: pop3, Protocal: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL) : No
> socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCCoD
>
>
> The above message continue to pop up when I attempt to send an email with
> microsoft, can you please help me correct this error. Thanks
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11
doreilley is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows mail problems
Hi
First time here. I also have mail problems I can't send or receive. I get the same error (sockett error 1101 and error number 0x800ccccod). I have talked to my mail server and they tried all the settings and all was ok for them but my mail still won't work.
Dan
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2008
 

Posts: n/a
Re: window mail

"doreilley" <doreilley.36u5gd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:doreilley.36u5gd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Hi
> First time here. I also have mail problems I can't send or receive. I
> get the same error (sockett error 1101 and error number 0x800ccccod). I
> have talked to my mail server and they tried all the settings and all
> was ok for them but my mail still won't work.
> Dan
>
>
> --
> doreilley
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>

Which email program are you using? If it's the Windows Mail program
under Vista, we discuss it here.

We often need to see complete error messages to offer much help, not
just a summary of them. Click on the error message, and see if you can
copy it into your next message.

Also, who is your email provider and what if any antivirus programs do
you have?

See here:

http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2008
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: window mail
"doreilley" <doreilley.36u5gd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:doreilley.36u5gd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Hi
> First time here. I also have mail problems I can't send or receive. I
> get the same error (sockett error 1101 and error number 0x800ccccod). I
> have talked to my mail server and they tried all the settings and all
> was ok for them but my mail still won't work.
> Dan
>
>
> --
> doreilley
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>


Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not reply with email

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11
doreilley is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows mail problems
Hello
This is the mail error message I get every time I try to send or receive mail using Windows Mail. I use Sympatico mail instead but would really like to use Windows Vista Mail.

(The host 'pophm.symaptico.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pophm.symaptico.ca', Server: 'pophm.symaptico.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D)

The anti-virus I use is Microsoft's Live One program. My Email provider is Sympatico and they haven't been able to help me although they tried.
Dan

Last edited by doreilley : 04-07-2008 at 14:43.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2008
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: window mail
You have a typo in the server name......
'pophm.symaptico.ca' should be 'pophm.sympatico.ca'


--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview


"doreilley" <doreilley.37i2kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:doreilley.37i2kg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> Hello
> This is the mail error message I get every time I try to send or
> receive mail using Windows Mail. I use Sympatico mail instead but would
> really like to use Windows Vista Mail.
>
> (The host 'pophm.symaptico.ca' could not be found. Please verify that
> you have entered the server name correctly.
> Account: 'pophm.symaptico.ca', Server: 'pophm.symaptico.ca', Protocol:
> POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D)
>
> The anti-virus I use is Microsoft's Live One program. My Email provider
> is Sympatico and they haven't been able to help me although they tried.
> Dan
>
>
> --
> doreilley
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2008
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11
doreilley is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dave
It worked thank-you very much even though I feel like a dork for missing that.
I really appreciate your help.
Dan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Window Mail default mail handler?? Timothy Wright microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 7 08-07-2007 03:38
Yahoo and Window Mail Antony Trang microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 05-17-2007 13:39
i am not able to use window mail =?Utf-8?B?T20gS3VtYXIgU2hyZXN0aGE=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 03-07-2007 00:24
At home new window mail =?Utf-8?B?TUFST09OUk9TRTMw?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 02-15-2007 22:18
Window Mail can't send mail out =?Utf-8?B?cm9nZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 02-11-2007 11:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120