Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Certain emails not displaying http code properly

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008
JoRene Anderson
 

Posts: n/a
Certain emails not displaying http code properly
On one WinXP computer only, I am having a problem with some selected emails
not displaying the htttp code properly. I just get the code in the email,
not what it refers to. This does not happen on a different computer with
the same OS and mail app (Outlook and Outlook express are both having
problems.) I do not have pictures blocked and in most emails , pictures
will show up when I click that I want them to download. The problem emails
don't have pictures. I've restored to an earlier date and also removed sp3
in case that was the problem, but it makes no difference. Does anyone know
how to repair this problem? Or what could be causing it?

Thank you.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2008
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certain emails not displaying http code properly
Do you have an AntiVirus application installed that's configured to scan
your email?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"JoRene Anderson" <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
news:V62dnQsiAcQaktrVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
> On one WinXP computer only, I am having a problem with some selected

emails
> not displaying the htttp code properly. I just get the code in the email,
> not what it refers to. This does not happen on a different computer with
> the same OS and mail app (Outlook and Outlook express are both having
> problems.) I do not have pictures blocked and in most emails , pictures
> will show up when I click that I want them to download. The problem

emails
> don't have pictures. I've restored to an earlier date and also removed

sp3
> in case that was the problem, but it makes no difference. Does anyone

know
> how to repair this problem? Or what could be causing it?
>
> Thank you.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008
JoRene Anderson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certain emails not displaying http code properly
Yes, I have avast, but it doesn't happen in all my emails, only in a few. I
also have an email scanner on the computer where this is not happening.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
news:OEh94lpxIHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Do you have an AntiVirus application installed that's configured to scan
> your email?
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "JoRene Anderson" <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> news:V62dnQsiAcQaktrVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
>> On one WinXP computer only, I am having a problem with some selected

> emails
>> not displaying the htttp code properly. I just get the code in the
>> email,
>> not what it refers to. This does not happen on a different computer with
>> the same OS and mail app (Outlook and Outlook express are both having
>> problems.) I do not have pictures blocked and in most emails , pictures
>> will show up when I click that I want them to download. The problem

> emails
>> don't have pictures. I've restored to an earlier date and also removed

> sp3
>> in case that was the problem, but it makes no difference. Does anyone

> know
>> how to repair this problem? Or what could be causing it?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certain emails not displaying http code properly
If you used the standard install for avast!, it sometimes helps to
uninstall it, then do a custom install where you tell it to leave out the
part that scans email.

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

Problems in Windows Mail caused by email scanning tend to start only
occasionally, often after months.

Did you ever have a Norton or McAfee antivirus program on that
computer, even a trial version? Their uninstall programs often fail to
remove the parts of these programs that cause problems in Windows
Mail.

"JoRene Anderson" <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
news:aLOdnVSz2KA8PdXVnZ2dnUVZ_oPinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
> Yes, I have avast, but it doesn't happen in all my emails, only in a few.
> I also have an email scanner on the computer where this is not happening.
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> news:OEh94lpxIHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Do you have an AntiVirus application installed that's configured to scan
>> your email?
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "JoRene Anderson" <jander41@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
>> news:V62dnQsiAcQaktrVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
>>> On one WinXP computer only, I am having a problem with some selected

>> emails
>>> not displaying the htttp code properly. I just get the code in the
>>> email,
>>> not what it refers to. This does not happen on a different computer
>>> with
>>> the same OS and mail app (Outlook and Outlook express are both having
>>> problems.) I do not have pictures blocked and in most emails , pictures
>>> will show up when I click that I want them to download. The problem

>> emails
>>> don't have pictures. I've restored to an earlier date and also removed

>> sp3
>>> in case that was the problem, but it makes no difference. Does anyone

>> know
>>> how to repair this problem? Or what could be causing it?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AOE 1 & 2 and Starcraft graphics not displaying properly Chuck Knuth microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 2 12-01-2008 22:26
Errors- HTTP, Terminal Services, TBS, DPS, UAC, Code Integrity, WM Gaurav microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 09-30-2008 14:06
thumbnails and wallpapers not displaying properly kosmos_corn88 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-20-2008 04:48
Accessing MS Office Live (http) emails via Windows Mail? Victor Delta microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 6 01-22-2008 20:11
Vista png problem in IE7, graphics not properly displaying =?Utf-8?B?QnJhd2x5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-29-2007 12:40




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:08.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120