Importing back-up Outlook Express file with emails to Outlook 2007 and/or Windows Live Mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Guillermo

Importing back-up Outlook Express file with emails to Outlook 2007 and/or Windows Live Mail
Help! I backed up my emails from Outlook Express (which I was using using
Windows XP) on a file before I changed my CPU and I now use Windows Vista.

How can I import all my saved emails to Outlook as I currenly don't have
access to them. to Windows Live Mail and/or Outlook that came with Word
Office 2007.

Thanks so much!

Re: Importing back-up Outlook Express file with emails to Outlook 2007 and/or Windows Live Mail

"Guillermo" <gserritiello@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Help! I backed up my emails from Outlook Express (which I was using using
> Windows XP) on a file before I changed my CPU and I now use Windows Vista.
>
> How can I import all my saved emails to Outlook as I currenly don't have
> access to them. to Windows Live Mail and/or Outlook that came with Word
> Office 2007.
>
> Thanks so much!

You'll get better answers for Windows Live Mail if you ask in the newsgroup
that was meant for it:

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

You'll get better answers for Outlook if you ask in one of the several
newsgroups meant for Outlook, such as:

microsoft.public.outlook.general

Mention which version of Outlook you are using, and that you are using
it under Vista, in case it matters.

DL

Re: Importing back-up Outlook Express file with emails to Outlook 2007 and/or Windows Live Mail
Outlook Express & Outlook are two entirely different apps
Outlook is a component of some versions of Office, the complete suite that
is, its not part of Word 2007

"Guillermo" <gserritiello@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Help! I backed up my emails from Outlook Express (which I was using using
> Windows XP) on a file before I changed my CPU and I now use Windows Vista.
>
> How can I import all my saved emails to Outlook as I currenly don't have
> access to them. to Windows Live Mail and/or Outlook that came with Word
> Office 2007.
>
> Thanks so much!

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Importing back-up Outlook Express file with emails to Outlook 2007 and/or Windows Live Mail
Instructions for importing OE data into Windows Mail are here:

http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#oe2wm
How do I back up my files and settings?

If you wish to Office Outlook, the simplest method is to import OE data into
Windows Mail, Install and configure Outlook, then use Windows Mail to export
everything to Outlook.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Guillermo" <gserritiello@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Help! I backed up my emails from Outlook Express (which I was using using
> Windows XP) on a file before I changed my CPU and I now use Windows Vista.
>
> How can I import all my saved emails to Outlook as I currenly don't have
> access to them. to Windows Live Mail and/or Outlook that came with Word
> Office 2007.
>
> Thanks so much!

dsilvia

;717658 Wrote:
> "Guillermo" <gserritiello@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:506994B9-926D-4A7C-85DD-FB618810E575@xxxxxx> > >
> > > Help! I backed up my emails from Outlook Express (which I was using

> > using
> > > Windows XP) on a file before I changed my CPU and I now use Windows

> > Vista.
> > >
> > > How can I import all my saved emails to Outlook as I currenly don't

> > have
> > > access to them. to Windows Live Mail and/or Outlook that came with

> > Word
> > > Office 2007.
> > >
> > > Thanks so much! > >

> You'll get better answers for Windows Live Mail if you ask in the
> newsgroup
> that was meant for it:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>
> You'll get better answers for Outlook if you ask in one of the
> several
> newsgroups meant for Outlook, such as:
>
> microsoft.public.outlook.general
>
> Mention which version of Outlook you are using, and that you are
> using
> it under Vista, in case it matters.

Now that was truly helpful! :sarc: Why not reply without the quote and
just write:

*_ R T F M _*

--
dsilvia