junk email folder won't empty

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

spaulding motorsports

junk email folder won't empty
When I empty the junk email folder, it only does the last one. I have used
the file http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090 to repair it
once before. But now I am getting a message that says it the update does not
apply to my system.
This is a vista machine running nortan 360.
garysgold

Re: junk email folder won't empty

You can find some info here:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

Gary

--
garysgold

Vista Home Premiumx32 SP1
Q6600 Quad Core 2.40 GHz
4 GB Ram 800 MHz
Nvidia 8600GTS 256MB
500 GB HD
Exp. Index=5.5

Re: junk email folder won't empty

"spaulding motorsports" <spauldingmotorsports@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:71E9B0FD-8E12-4F08-B057-59A056314211@microsoft.com...
> When I empty the junk email folder, it only does the last one. I have used
> the file http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090 to repair it
> once before. But now I am getting a message that says it the update does
> not
> apply to my system.
> This is a vista machine running nortan 360.

Then you may need to try it using the Vista SP1 update, if you haven't
installed it already. Note - expect this to take hours longer to install
than just the hotfix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

t-4-2

spaulding motorsports;705703 Wrote:
> When I empty the junk email folder, it only does the last one. I have
> used
> the file 'Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail
> on a computer that is running Windows Vista'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090) to repair it
> once before. But now I am getting a message that says it the update
> does not
> apply to my system.
> This is a vista machine running nortan 360.

Hello,
It might not be agreeable to you. There is an option which will
permanently delete any junk e-mails instead of going to the junk e-mail
folder. If it's ok to you :
A) Windows Mail > left panel, click junk mail > top panel, click Tools,
click Junk E-mail Options, check the last box " Permanently delete ----"
B) Windows Live Mail > left panel, click Junk e-mail > top panel, click
Tools > click Safety Options > check 2nd last box " Permanently delete
----"

--
t-4-2
Gary VanderMolen

Re: junk email folder won't empty
The undeletable messages are caused by your antivirus program.
At this point Windows Mail has been corrupted beyond any reasonable
repair attempts. Your best bet is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"spaulding motorsports" <spauldingmotorsports@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:71E9B0FD-8E12-4F08-B057-59A056314211@microsoft.com...
> When I empty the junk email folder, it only does the last one. I have used
> the file http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090 to repair it
> once before. But now I am getting a message that says it the update does
> not
> apply to my system.
> This is a vista machine running nortan 360.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Re: junk email folder won't empty
"spaulding motorsports" <spauldingmotorsports@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:71E9B0FD-8E12-4F08-B057-59A056314211@microsoft.com...
> When I empty the junk email folder, it only does the last one. I have used
> the file http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090 to repair it
> once before. But now I am getting a message that says it the update does
> not
> apply to my system.
> This is a vista machine running nortan 360.

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no protection not provided by the regular
resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in Newsgroup, not by email.