Windows Live pop3 settings?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

JethroUK

Windows Live pop3 settings?
Just created a Windows Live email account (and hotmail account) because my
current email provider is closing shortly

I prefer to use Windows Vista Mail but I can't find any pop3 settings for
Live mail (or hotmail)

Any pointers/links?

P.S. I noticed Live mail front end includes newsgroups which i use a lot - I
also use filters/rules - I also use Live messenger - Is it as good as Vista
Mail?

.Joe

Re: Windows Live pop3 settings?

JethroUK;678748 Wrote:
> Just created a Windows Live email account (and hotmail account) because
> my
> current email provider is closing shortly
>
> I prefer to use Windows Vista Mail but I can't find any pop3 settings
> for
> Live mail (or hotmail)
>
> Any pointers/links?
>
> P.S. I noticed Live mail front end includes newsgroups which i use a
> lot - I
> also use filters/rules - I also use Live messenger - Is it as good as
> Vista
> Mail?

Jethro,

You may want to use Windows Live Mail. It works seemlessly with a
Windows Live Email address and Live Messenger. You can download it here:
'Windows Live Mail' (http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview)

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com\")_
_*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_Geekbench_Score:_4050 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/42901\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
_**_

"JethroUK" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> Just created a Windows Live email account (and hotmail account) because my
> current email provider is closing shortly
>
> I prefer to use Windows Vista Mail but I can't find any pop3 settings for
> Live mail (or hotmail)
>
> Any pointers/links?
>
> P.S. I noticed Live mail front end includes newsgroups which i use a lot -
> I also use filters/rules - I also use Live messenger - Is it as good as
> Vista Mail?

Hotmail won't work under Windows Mail. You may prefer Windows Live
Mail, which can connect to Hotmail in addition to taking over any accounts
Windows Mail can handle.

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Although Windows Live Mail may encourage you to have a Windows Live
account, it does not require one.

Note that the Windows Live programs are a whole family of programs,
not just one program.

For more information on Windows Live Mail, you're likely to get answers
faster in the newsgroup meant for it:

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Not everyone agrees on whether Windows Live Mail is better or worse
than Windows Mail, but at least Microsoft is putting more effort into
writing updates for Windows Live Mail.

Bob

Re: Windows Live pop3 settings?

If prefer to use Windows Vista Mail what's stopping you?
-------
*Report back, please*

> JethroUK;678748 Wrote:
>> Just created a Windows Live email account (and hotmail account) because
>> my
>> current email provider is closing shortly
>>
>> I prefer to use Windows Vista Mail but I can't find any pop3 settings
>> for
>> Live mail (or hotmail)
>>
>> Any pointers/links?
>>
>> P.S. I noticed Live mail front end includes newsgroups which i use a
>> lot - I
>> also use filters/rules - I also use Live messenger - Is it as good as
>> Vista
>> Mail?

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Windows Live pop3 settings?
You don't need to know any settings.
Just give Windows Lve Mail (WLM) your Hotmail or Live.com address,
and it will automatically do all the settings for you.

Most users who have tried both say WLM is better than WM.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)