WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET

WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL
WHEN I TRY TO DELETE JUNKMAIL ALL AT ONE TIME IT ONLY DELETES ONE AT A TIME
AND THERE ARE SOME EMAIL THAT SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THERE. THEY DO NOT A WEB
PAGE BUT THEY STILL LIST IN MY FOLDER AND CONNOT BE DELETED. HOW DO I MAKE
IT SO I CAN DELETE ALL THIS JUNK MAIL AT ONE TIME AND NOT ONE AT A TIME AND
GET THOSE OTHER OUT.?
mac

Re: WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL

"JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET" <JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET@discussions.microsoft.com >
wrote in message news:6472FA26-430F-4981-B3ED-C3DF316381E1@microsoft.com...
> WHEN I TRY TO DELETE JUNKMAIL ALL AT ONE TIME IT ONLY DELETES ONE AT A
> TIME
> AND THERE ARE SOME EMAIL THAT SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THERE. THEY DO NOT A
> WEB
> PAGE BUT THEY STILL LIST IN MY FOLDER AND CONNOT BE DELETED. HOW DO I
> MAKE
> IT SO I CAN DELETE ALL THIS JUNK MAIL AT ONE TIME AND NOT ONE AT A TIME
> AND
> GET THOSE OTHER OUT.?

Turn off the Cap's Lock key please.

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer
that is running Windows Vista"

It works for all folders, not just the Outbox.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP : Mail.

Brink

JUPITERSVAULT;645142 Wrote:
> WHEN I TRY TO DELETE JUNKMAIL ALL AT ONE TIME IT ONLY DELETES ONE AT A
> TIME
> AND THERE ARE SOME EMAIL THAT SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THERE. THEY DO NOT A
> WEB
> PAGE BUT THEY STILL LIST IN MY FOLDER AND CONNOT BE DELETED. HOW DO I
> MAKE
> IT SO I CAN DELETE ALL THIS JUNK MAIL AT ONE TIME AND NOT ONE AT A TIME
> AND
> GET THOSE OTHER OUT.?

Hi JupitersVault,

This will help show you how to fix the stuck undeletable email message
problem in Windows Mail.

The KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You must stop
the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the "First" section
in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html)

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL
"JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET" <JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET@discussions.microsoft.com >
wrote in message news:6472FA26-430F-4981-B3ED-C3DF316381E1@microsoft.com...
> WHEN I TRY TO DELETE JUNKMAIL ALL AT ONE TIME IT ONLY DELETES ONE AT A
> TIME
> AND THERE ARE SOME EMAIL THAT SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THERE. THEY DO NOT A
> WEB
> PAGE BUT THEY STILL LIST IN MY FOLDER AND CONNOT BE DELETED. HOW DO I
> MAKE
> IT SO I CAN DELETE ALL THIS JUNK MAIL AT ONE TIME AND NOT ONE AT A TIME
> AND
> GET THOSE OTHER OUT.?

How are you trying to delete all at once?
Are you right clicking the Junk E-mail folder?
What does "THEY DO NOT A WEB PAGE" mean?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Xenomorph

Re: WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL
STOP YELLING!

"JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET" <JUPITERSVAULT@COX.NET@discussions.microsoft.com >
wrote in message news:6472FA26-430F-4981-B3ED-C3DF316381E1@microsoft.com...
> WHEN I TRY TO DELETE JUNKMAIL ALL AT ONE TIME IT ONLY DELETES ONE AT A
> TIME
> AND THERE ARE SOME EMAIL THAT SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THERE. THEY DO NOT A
> WEB
> PAGE BUT THEY STILL LIST IN MY FOLDER AND CONNOT BE DELETED. HOW DO I
> MAKE
> IT SO I CAN DELETE ALL THIS JUNK MAIL AT ONE TIME AND NOT ONE AT A TIME
> AND
> GET THOSE OTHER OUT.?

emprof

RE: WINDOWS MAIL NOT DELETE JUNK MAIL
I just wrote an answer to this problem in another post. The bottom line is
when I installed the new Vista Service Pack 1 that is now available, all the
problems disappeared (after restart)! You can then delete all the messages in
the delete folder and the automatic delete feature after closing Windows Mail
also will work again!
--
emprof