Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Martin

Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe
I am having a problem with my emails not sending. I get this message:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows
Mail', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any suggestions?
I have McAfee AV.

Re: Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem with my emails not sending. I get this message:
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows
> Mail', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL):
> No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any suggestions?
> I have McAfee AV.

Does your connection to that server cross over from one internet provider's
equipment to another's before it reaches the server? I'm not sure if the
rest
of AT&T counts as a separate internet provider for this. If it crosses
over,
such connections to port 25 are often blocked to cause trouble for spammers.

Check your setup against the bellsouth.net instructions:

<http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp/browse_subfolder.asp?sprt_fid=0a41840c-0baf-4379-9f63-f578f49fee77>

<http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp/contentview.asp?isbrowse=true&sprt_cid=24dbf61a%2D 2ce9%2D4192%2Da589%2D121587e364c2>

Most of the McAfee antivirus programs cause various problems in
Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, and so do most of the
Norton antivirus programs. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes problems in Windows Mail. For these programs,
disabling them is not enough; you have to uninstall them to stop them
from causing problems. You should also run this program to handle
what the McAfee uninstall leaves behind:

<http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=107083&lc=4105&partner=McAfee& type=TS&ia=1>

You may even have to remove your email account under Windows
Mail, then restart Windows Mail and create the account again.

If this leaves messages in your Outbox that won't go out, move them
to the Drafts folder or delete them. If there are any that won't do
either, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail not
running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first.

If this cures your problem, you may want a replacement antivirus
program that doesn't cause such problems. I recommend either
avast! or AVG, either one with a custom install that tells it to leave
out the part that scans email.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=aff

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe

If you are using a laptop away from home when you get that
error message, let us know.

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with your settings, so
this problem is probably caused by your antivirus. Uninstall it,
then try sending again.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F31026A-FA69-4A3F-A17B-1C488D358AFA@microsoft.com...
>I am having a problem with my emails not sending. I get this message:
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows
> Mail', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any suggestions?
> I have McAfee AV.

fouh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary VanderMolen View Post
If you are using a laptop away from home when you get that
error message, let us know.

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with your settings, so
this problem is probably caused by your antivirus. Uninstall it,
then try sending again.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F31026A-FA69-4A3F-A17B-1C488D358AFA@microsoft.com...
>I am having a problem with my emails not sending. I get this message:
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows
> Mail', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any suggestions?
> I have McAfee AV.

I have same promblen in windows live with my domain mail

in advanced propietes

try to change the port to send mesagges and ssl secure conection too

port 465
ssl: yes
Bruce Hagen

Re: Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe
> I have same promblen in windows live with my domain mail
>
> in advanced propietes
>
> try to change the port to send mesagges and ssl secure conection too
>
> port 465
> ssl: yes
>

> --
> fouh

Please post the error message that /you/ in its entirety. It is probably
not the same. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click
to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

marksmith12 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe
It is not a big issue. Most of the user think that it is happening because of poor network connection and so all but mostly it is caused by internal error of outlook. Just scan your pst file using outlook repair tool and it will clean your outlook files from error. That's it!