Can't send email with gmail in windows mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Katiepg is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
I can receive but not send. the message i get is below (i've deleted my email address for security....can anyone help me please

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
The rejected e-mail address was ' '. Account: 'pop.googlemail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required y34sm993081iky.6', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

p.s. i tried changing it to gmail instead of googlemail, still didn't work, Thanks!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select the Googlemail account,
Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication"
is NOT checked, but that "My server requires authentication" is checked.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"Katiepg" <Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I can receive but not send. the message i get is below (i've deleted my
> email address for security....can anyone help me please
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
> the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
> determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
> service provider.
> The rejected e-mail address was '' '' (emailkatiegould@). Account:
> 'pop.googlemail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required y34sm993081iky.6',
> Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>
> p.s. i tried changing it to gmail instead of googlemail, still didn't
> work, Thanks!
>

> --
> Katiepg

Katiepg is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That worked, fantastic. Thanks so much for your help!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
--

"Katiepg" <Katiepg.363gcg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:Katiepg.363gcg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> That worked, fantastic. Thanks so much for your help!
>

> --
> Katiepg

Mathea

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
Hi Kaitie i finally your message sorry it took so long i had too browse too
find you.
--
Mathea

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select the Googlemail account,
> Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication"
> is NOT checked, but that "My server requires authentication" is checked.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
> "Katiepg" <Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
> >
> > I can receive but not send. the message i get is below (i've deleted my
> > email address for security....can anyone help me please
> >
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
> > the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
> > determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
> > service provider.
> > The rejected e-mail address was '' '' (emailkatiegould@). Account:
> > 'pop.googlemail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> > Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required y34sm993081iky.6',
> > Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
> >
> > p.s. i tried changing it to gmail instead of googlemail, still didn't
> > work, Thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Katiepg

Mathea

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
Oh yah and Kaitie why did you lie abou you name and E-Mail address that was
wrong and it realy heart my fillings.
--
Mathea

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select the Googlemail account,
> Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication"
> is NOT checked, but that "My server requires authentication" is checked.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
> "Katiepg" <Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:Katiepg.362rce@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
> >
> > I can receive but not send. the message i get is below (i've deleted my
> > email address for security....can anyone help me please
> >
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
> > the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
> > determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
> > service provider.
> > The rejected e-mail address was '' '' (emailkatiegould@). Account:
> > 'pop.googlemail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
> > Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required y34sm993081iky.6',
> > Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
> >
> > p.s. i tried changing it to gmail instead of googlemail, still didn't
> > work, Thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Katiepg

risingyao

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail

I have the same problem as Katiepg but worked after follow Gary
VanderMolen's advice !thanks!

--
risingyao
risingyao's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/123051.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

atwitsend

RE: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
gmail has great tutorial picteres and simple directions. i just went through
this headache. the main thing to remember is change socket 25 to 587 and to
enable ssl in/outgoing

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail
You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen