Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Vishal Sheth

Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail
Can I use the outlook contacts with windows mail? I don't want to import or
add from scratch.

Regards,
Vishal Sheth

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail
Not directly. You will have to export from Outlook and import into
Windows Contacts. Also, those two sets of contacts won't stay in sync.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"Vishal Sheth" <vishalsheth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:35717903-AEA9-4655-803D-516615112EC7@microsoft.com...
> Can I use the outlook contacts with windows mail? I don't want to import or add from scratch.
>
> Regards,
> Vishal Sheth

Vishal Sheth

Re: Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail
The problem is I maintain all my contacts in outlook. I use the same for
email. Now I'm using windows mail for email as I'm getting my
pictures/photos displayed in outlook. I don't want to maintain 2 contact
lists. Is there a way to sync it? Import Export would not solve.

Regards,
Vishal Sheth

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Not directly. You will have to export from Outlook and import into
> Windows Contacts. Also, those two sets of contacts won't stay in sync.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>

> "Vishal Sheth" <vishalsheth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can I use the outlook contacts with windows mail? I don't want to import
>> or add from scratch.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vishal Sheth

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail
Sorry, I'm not aware of any way to share and sync one set of contacts
between Outlook and WM.

Windows Live Mail has a mechanism for syncing contacts among
several computers by use of a common Hotmail account, but that
won't help with Outlook. Perhaps the Outlook experts have some
ideas for a workaround:

--

"Vishal Sheth" <vishalsheth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news38D97BB-73BC-417F-A9BF-74E8472D0B4B@microsoft.com...
> The problem is I maintain all my contacts in outlook. I use the same for email. Now I'm using windows mail for email as I'm
> getting my pictures/photos displayed in outlook. I don't want to maintain 2 contact lists. Is there a way to sync it? Import
> Export would not solve.
>
> Regards,
> Vishal Sheth
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:uotQzrpfIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Not directly. You will have to export from Outlook and import into
>> Windows Contacts. Also, those two sets of contacts won't stay in sync.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>>

>> "Vishal Sheth" <vishalsheth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:35717903-AEA9-4655-803D-516615112EC7@microsoft.com...
>>> Can I use the outlook contacts with windows mail? I don't want to import or add from scratch.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Vishal Sheth

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Share outlook contacts between outlook and windows mail
This used to be possible with Outlook Express through some registry
manipulation:

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm
To share Contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express

I seriously doubt this trick will work with Windows Mail.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com