how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

hugs

how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
ideas???

Re: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail

"hugs" <hugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> ideas???

Make sure the message you're doing this to is in HTML format, not plain
text.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
That setting affects only your compose window, and has no bearing
on what goes out if you send in plain text format.
In order to affect what the recipient sees, choose HTML format, where
you can make font changes on the compose window's toolbar.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"hugs" <hugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D18F099-7EFF-41A7-A315-25315D2FA8D6@microsoft.com...
>I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> ideas???

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
"hugs" <hugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> ideas???

1. That only applies to HTML mail, not plain text.

2. Any stationery used may over ride that setting.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Emmeo

RE: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
Okay, to change your font, color, and size for all outgoing email follow
these steps:

1. From your inbox, select tools

2. In tools, go to options

3. In options, go to the compose tab at the top

4. Hit font settings for Mail and/or News (and choose your font, size,
color, etc)

5. Then, choose OK (then apply on the main options page)

and voila! Your personalized font for all your outgoing email!

NOTE: I am running Windows Vista, but this wiil probably work for XP too...
"hugs" wrote:

> I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> ideas???

Linna

RE: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
I have changed my font per the directions below and it is set for sending in
HTML and Rich Text for the message ... the message I am composing indicates
that it has recognized my font selection through the Tools-Options-Compose
route. But as soon as I start typing it ALWAYS changes the font in the
message to Times Roman, it keeps the size and color and bold that I picked
but reverts to the wrong font. It was working fine until I did the latest
SP1 for VISTA and now I can no longer have anything but Times Roman as a
composing font. Very irritating. Is anyone else having this BURP after SP1
for VISTA?

"Emmeo" wrote:

> Okay, to change your font, color, and size for all outgoing email follow
> these steps:
>
> 1. From your inbox, select tools
>
> 2. In tools, go to options
>
> 3. In options, go to the compose tab at the top
>
> 4. Hit font settings for Mail and/or News (and choose your font, size,
> color, etc)
>
> 5. Then, choose OK (then apply on the main options page)
>
> and voila! Your personalized font for all your outgoing email!
>
> NOTE: I am running Windows Vista, but this wiil probably work for XP too...
> "hugs" wrote:
>
> > I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> > color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> > everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> > size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> > changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> > ideas???

Opus

RE: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
I have experienced this same problem with trying to change the font and point
size of outgoing messages. Fact is in Windows mail it seems to have a mind of
it's own. No amount of effort to change either works. Not like Outlook or
other mail programs. I wish Microsoft would come up with a fix to this. it is
very difficult to compose in small point sizes, especially for those of us
who have visual limitations. And don't suggest the magnifier; it's cumbersome
at best.

guy

"Linna" wrote:

> I have changed my font per the directions below and it is set for sending in
> HTML and Rich Text for the message ... the message I am composing indicates
> that it has recognized my font selection through the Tools-Options-Compose
> route. But as soon as I start typing it ALWAYS changes the font in the
> message to Times Roman, it keeps the size and color and bold that I picked
> but reverts to the wrong font. It was working fine until I did the latest
> SP1 for VISTA and now I can no longer have anything but Times Roman as a
> composing font. Very irritating. Is anyone else having this BURP after SP1
> for VISTA?
>
> "Emmeo" wrote:
>
> > Okay, to change your font, color, and size for all outgoing email follow
> > these steps:
> >
> > 1. From your inbox, select tools
> >
> > 2. In tools, go to options
> >
> > 3. In options, go to the compose tab at the top
> >
> > 4. Hit font settings for Mail and/or News (and choose your font, size,
> > color, etc)
> >
> > 5. Then, choose OK (then apply on the main options page)
> >
> > and voila! Your personalized font for all your outgoing email!
> >
> > NOTE: I am running Windows Vista, but this wiil probably work for XP too...
> > "hugs" wrote:
> >
> > > I have Windows Mail thru Vista and have tried to change my font size and
> > > color on outgoing e-mails to somthing different than the default but
> > > everytime I go in to compose an e-mail it keeps going to the default font
> > > size and color. I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - SEND and COMPOSE and have
> > > changed them there but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> > > ideas???

Gary VanderMolen

Re: how to change font size and color for all outgoing e-mail
You need to make up your mind as to whether you want to change the font
of outgoing messages, or just increase the point size while composing.
Either (or both) can be done independently in Windows Mail.
Are you talking about plain text or HTML format?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"Opus" <Opus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F539A505-C9AE-451B-A652-2B9FC152FD46@microsoft.com...
>I have experienced this same problem with trying to change the font and point
> size of outgoing messages. Fact is in Windows mail it seems to have a mind of
> it's own. No amount of effort to change either works. Not like Outlook or
> other mail programs. I wish Microsoft would come up with a fix to this. it is
> very difficult to compose in small point sizes, especially for those of us
> who have visual limitations. And don't suggest the magnifier; it's cumbersome
> at best.
>
> guy
>
> "Linna" wrote:
>
>> I have changed my font per the directions below and it is set for sending in
>> HTML and Rich Text for the message ... the message I am composing indicates
>> that it has recognized my font selection through the Tools-Options-Compose
>> route. But as soon as I start typing it ALWAYS changes the font in the
>> message to Times Roman, it keeps the size and color and bold that I picked
>> but reverts to the wrong font. It was working fine until I did the latest
>> SP1 for VISTA and now I can no longer have anything but Times Roman as a
>> composing font. Very irritating. Is anyone else having this BURP after SP1
>> for VISTA?
>>
>> "Emmeo" wrote:
>>
>> > Okay, to change your font, color, and size for all outgoing email follow
>> > these steps:
>> >
>> > 1. From your inbox, select tools
>> >
>> > 2. In tools, go to options
>> >
>> > 3. In options, go to the compose tab at the top
>> >
>> > 4. Hit font settings for Mail and/or News (and choose your font, size,
>> > color, etc)
>> >
>> > 5. Then, choose OK (then apply on the main options page)
>> >
>> > and voila! Your personalized font for all your outgoing email!
>> >
>> > NOTE: I am running Windows Vista, but this wiil probably work for XP too...

mac

Change your Mail sending format to HTML @ tools>options>send.

--
Regards Steve.