can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

=?Utf-8?B?YnJveGk=?=

can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
does anyone no why when i try to click on a link in my email in outlook 2007
i'm getting a message popping up
"this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.please contact your system administrator"

i am the system administrator and don't remember changing any effects.

any help is appreciated

Thanx

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
Hi broxi,

You receive an error message when you click a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/154/1/

Note that this newsgroup is dedicated to Windows Mail related questions.

--
Regards,

"broxi" <broxi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsDEC797E-943C-4C69-87DA-DB8E01F5800E@microsoft.com...
does anyone no why when i try to click on a link in my email in outlook 2007
i'm getting a message popping up
"this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.please contact your system administrator"

i am the system administrator and don't remember changing any effects.

any help is appreciated

Thanx

Robert West is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Solution!!
Go to: Windows XP File Assocation Fixes

Download and run: HTM/HTML Associations (Restore the default associations for htm/html files)

The problem is caused by e.g. using a cleaner that has deleted the default associations in the registry for htm/html files.

This one fixes the problem for both XP and Vista!!

Goodluck and have fun using your mail and explorer again!!!

I found this solution on: Outlook "Operation has been cancelled" hyperlink problem - CNET Office & productivity software Forums

Nvir is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
Hi
to fix this problem you have to click
Start>Default Programs>Set Program access & defaults>Select Microsoft Windows
You will be able to open hyperlinks in your outlook

from Your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?YnJveGk=?= View Post
does anyone no why when i try to click on a link in my email in outlook 2007
i'm getting a message popping up
"this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.please contact your system administrator"

i am the system administrator and don't remember changing any effects.

any help is appreciated

Thanx

count is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Solution!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert West View Post
Go to: Windows XP File Assocation Fixes

Download and run: HTM/HTML Associations (Restore the default associations for htm/html files)

The problem is caused by e.g. using a cleaner that has deleted the default associations in the registry for htm/html files.

This one fixes the problem for both XP and Vista!!

Goodluck and have fun using your mail and explorer again!!!

I found this solution on: Outlook "Operation has been cancelled" hyperlink problem - CNET Office & productivity software Forums

Robert - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I have tried everything to get my hyperlinks to work again and this is the only thing that has done the trick - really easily too!

ellmaker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Solution!!
Yes, this works for me, too - however one other issue I have now is that when I click on a hyperlink from Outlook, which now opens - so that is good - it starts to open in Word, not IE. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

ade1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?YnJveGk=?= View Post
does anyone no why when i try to click on a link in my email in outlook 2007
i'm getting a message popping up
"this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.please contact your system administrator"

i am the system administrator and don't remember changing any effects.

any help is appreciated

Thanx
Try uninstalling IE8 in programs & features, reboot then install again

haigsvil is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
Hi, I am using Windows XP. I just had the problem this morning and never encountered it before. I followed your solution and it works! Thanks.

karmo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: can't open hyperlinks in outook 2007
ROBERT!! THANK YOU! You've just saved me so much stress from talking to Microsoft/anyone I can get my hands on!! Sooo easy, just fixed all my problems. Legend!!